THE MEET

A/N
This part of the story is written by slutforsingto
Enjoy the sweetness that she brought between the characters.❤️

KONGPOB POV

“What do you have there, good girl?” Kongpob cooed. It was the first nice day of spring and his afternoon class had been unexpectedly cancelled. He had all but rushed home, woken Nugget up from her nap and dragged her out of the house so they could enjoy the beautiful sunshine together. While she seemed disgruntled at first, she had warmed up to the idea the moment they turned down the road to head to the park.

In the recent frigid winter months, the park was a luxury reserved only for the weekends when Kongpob had a large cup of coffee clutched in his hand and no qualms with adding a shot or two to it to keep himself from freezing to death. Now that the days were getting longer and, most importantly, warmer he expected the two of them would be spending a lot more time there.

Nugget pranced closer, preening under the praise and happily showing off her prize. Kongpob squinted, immediately dismissing the idea that it could be a rock or something similar. He sighed, annoyed the people that just left their litter laying around, especially in this particular park where there were garbage cans practically every twenty yards.

Finally she came close enough for him to see that what she had clenched between her teeth definitely wasn’t somebody’s discarded trash. It was a wallet.

Springing his feet, he yelled at her to drop it. Instead of listening to him like she normally did she bounded off, convinced they were playing some sort of game. When she was a safe distance away she dropped it to the ground and let out three resounding barks and she wriggled around it, daring him to try and get it from her.

He lunged for it.

Before he could get back to his feet she and was halfway across the field.

“Nugget!” He yelled in a tone he hadn’t used since before she had been housebroken. “Come here!”

In an instant she was at his side, eyes wide and ears pressed flat against her head as she whined low in the back of her throat, clearly confused as to how playtime had taken such a serious turn.

“Drop it,” he commanded sternly. She released it and sank down onto her haunches, giving her tail a single thump against the ground as she waited for praise. “Bad dog,” he muttered as he snatched up the expensive looking (and now drool covered) wallet.

Nugget flattened herself to the ground and started to whimper, not used to being such a disappointment. She was a quick learner and eager to please meaning Kongpob seldom had cause to actually scold her. She let out a particularly desperate whine and Kongpob felt his heart break.

“Oh, Nugget,” he dropped down to his knees and scratched behind her left ear. “I didn’t mean it. You’re not a bad girl.” Gently he gripped her chin and lifted her head up so he could kiss the top of it. “No you’re not. You’re a good girl.” She gave her tail a few half-hearted wags. “You are. You’re such a good girl.” He continued praising her until she started eagerly licking his hand and nuzzling against his chest.

“Let’s see who this belongs to then,” he said as he wiped the worst of the drool off the wallet.

There wasn’t much inside. In the main pocket there was about 2000baht in cash, a couple of old receipts from a local coffee shop and several credit cards. He whistled as he slid out a Siam commercial Card. “Who did you steal this from?” He asked his dog incredulously. Looking around nervously, he half expecting to see some infuriated man storming up to them threatening to skin nugget alive.