Chapter 2

"Singoré Okuyasu, welcome back. And Josuke as well."

Tonio greeted the pair with a warm smile. Okuyasu enthusiastically waived back at him, while Josuke stared around the dining room. Over the past 2 years the restaurant has become a hotspot for tourists who visit Morioh, so naturally Tonio decided to redecorate. There were way more tables than before, and they even added breadsticks on them. The place definitely had that 'authentic Italian feel to it' according to Okuyasu.

Tonio walked them over to the empty table near the window.

"Thank you so much for coming back Okuyasu, it truly is a pleasure for you to taste test my food for me"

Josuke looked over at his friend, surprised.

"How often do you even come here Okuyasu?"

Okuyasu gave Josuke a puzzled look.

"Uh, I kind of work here, remember? So I get to taste the new dishes before it comes out."

"Oh."

Josuke's cheeks turned a bright red. How could he forget that? Okuyasu has been working here for months now, of course he would come here often.

I'm such an idiot

"I'll be sure to get your meals prepped now, it won't be long."

Tonio started walking away. He stopped midway through the empty dining room.

"Oh Okuyasu?"

Okuyasu looked over at his boss.

"Yea?"

"Come help me prep the kitchen before dinner service starts. It won't take too long, so your friend Josuke can stay."

Okuyasu sighed and slowly got up from his seat. Josuke couldn't help but feel a little disappointed that he would be eating alone. He decided it wasn't worth the awkward silence.

"Nah I think I'm gonna head home then, good luck with work Oku."

"But bro-"

"Alright then Josuke, be sure to come back and visit soon!"

Tonio smiled warmly at Josuke while he walked home. He looked over at Okuyasu, who watched his best friend walk off, sadly clutching the broom that he got from the storage room. Tonio chuckled.

"Relax Okuyasu, you'll get to see your boyfriend soon enough."

Okuyasu turned a deep crimson.

"But, but he's not my-"

"Come on, let's get to work now."

...

On the walk home, Josuke became more and more pissed. Something about Okuyasu not spending more time with him made him very irritated. He walked at a brisk pace until he arrived at his front door. Josuke sighed.

I hope he's doing okay, at least.

He put his keys into the lock and opened the door. It didn't seem like his mom was home, so he decided to make himself a cup of coffee before retreating to his bedroom. Putting the cup on his study table, he crashed onto the bed face first. He didn't feel like doing anything.

Unfortunately, his last highschool exam was a month from now, and he barely studied at all. His mom would be so pissed if he didn't get into the police academy next year. Not even Jotaro was as scary as his mom when she got mad. Reluctantly, he got up and sat down at his desk, pencil in hand.

After 10 minutes of studying he got bored. Josuke got up towards his cassette tape collection, most of them from his dad. Joseph figured that to help with Josuke's English skills, he should listen to music from Western bands. They were mostly Boyz II Men and Aerosmith tapes. Josuke smiled. It was nice of the old man to give this to him.

He sat back down at his desk, headphones on. He decided to put a Boyz II Men cassette in the player, since he already listened to the Aerosmith one a million times. The music really helped him get in the mood, and he easily studied for the first 40 minutes of the album. He leaned back in his seat and actually listened to the lyrics of the next song.

𝆕Close your eyes𝆕.

He did as he was told.

𝆕Make a wish𝆕

Josuke smirked. There was one thing that he really wished for... but he knew he could never get...

𝆕We're gonna celebrate (mh mmm) all through the night𝆕

Josuke felt confused.

What did he mean by that? Probably going to a party or something, but then, why did the music sound so...sensual?

𝆕I'll make love to you𝆕

Josuke quickly turned off the player, his face burning. He shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts.

Coffee, I need more coffee.

He practically ran to the kitchen, pouring himself more coffee from the pot he brewed earlier.

The rest of the evening was uneventful; his mom brought home some food and he played video games. At around 10 pm Tomoko forced him to go back upstairs and get some sleep, despite his objections that it was the weekend. He showered, did his nightly skincare routine, and layed in bed, staring at the ceiling.

I wonder what Okuyasu is up to right now.

He blushed. Eventually, Josuke dozed off.