Chapter 4

When Josuke got back to his room, Okuyasu had already made himself at home. He had placed his bag under Josuke's desk, and was staring at his wall with a confused look on his face. It was the Queen poster Josuke had gotten from the old man. Josuke guessed that Okuyasu was probably confused because it was written in English. Okuyasu looked over at him and pointed towards the small futon.

"Hey Josuke, what happened to your sheets?"

Josuke could feel his face burn. He started shoving his clothes back into his cupboard so he could have something to do.

"Nothing that's of your concern dude."

There was a short pause. Josuke decided folding the clothes would take longer, so he threw them on the floor.

"Okay bro."

Josuke turned towards his best friend, annoyed.

"Why did you decide to show up unannounced anyway?"

Josuke realized that this was probably a stupid question; the first time they ever walked to school together he showed up randomly at Josuke's door and called his mom hot. Josuke cringed at the memory.

Okuyasu seemed a little hurt by Josuke's question.

"I just wanted to hang out with you, that's all... You seemed really mad when I had to go work instead of spending time with you..."

Okuyasu broke eye contact with Josuke, visibly blushing. All the irritation Josuke had quickly dissolved, and he couldn't help but feel really happy.

He really does care...

Josuke sighed.

"Well bro it would have been more convenient if you at least called or something. I was kind of busy."

Okuyasu looked confused.

"What were you busy with? Maybe I can help you."

Josuke turned several shades of red.

"T-trust me, you really don't wanna help me with what I was doing haha."

Josuke rubbed the back of his neck; embarrassed.

Why can't I ever shut up??

He sat down next to Okuyasu and sighed.

"Wanna play some video games?"

Okuyasu beamed

"Yea sure! I am totally gonna kick your ass this time."

Josuke snorted

"You wish."

Josuke had a TV in his room, so they could play without disturbing his mom. He made up his bed with some of his spare blankets, and used his secret stash of snacks instead of going down to the kitchen, for convenience's sake. They played Mortal Kombat until sundown, laughing and goofing off like a couple of kids. It made Josuke feel almost like everything was back to the way it used to be. He may have not liked the intrusion, but Josuke always felt much better when he was by Okuyasu's side. By the time Tomoko's client left, Okuyasu was losing 15 - 4

"No fair asshole! You cheated!"

Josuke chuckled condescendingly.

"Nah man, you just suck."

"Boys! Go eat something and go to bed. You know 10 pm is curfew time."

Josuke sighed irritatedly, slowly getting up from the wooden floor. They both ate the food Josuke's mom made earlier, then walked up towards the bathroom. Okuyasu started taking off his shirt. Josuke's eyes widened in panic.

"Hey man you go ahead, I gotta clean my room"

Okuyasu almost seemed disappointed.

"Oh...Okay, sure"

After they both washed up, Okuyasu laid in his futon next to Josuke's. There was an awkward silence between them. Josuke desperately wanted to break the tension.

The black hoodie looked really big on him, it could have been Keicho's. His grey sweatpants were pretty cool too, it fit him well. I should tell him that.

He remembered Okuyasu taking off his shirt. Josuke felt his cheeks getting warmer. He wanted to punch himself in the face.

Listen man, Okuyasu likes WOMEN, W-O-M-E-N, not guys. He has made that extremely obvious SO many times. Why can't you just give up brain? You're killing me here.

He remembered last night's dream. Okuyasu's face was just-

Oh my god SHUT UP-

"H-hey, Josuke, could I maybe lay next to you?"

Josuke's heart skipped a beat. Before he could object, Okuyasu pressed himself against Josuke's chest, pulling their bodies closer.