Chapter 10

"Josuke, answer me dammit!"

Josuke didn't say anything. Okuyasu's hands felt clammy. He was absolutely terrified.

"Hey Josuke! I asked you what the fuck you did! Why did you summon Crazy Diamond right now? Have you gone insane?!"

Josuke looked over at Okuyasu. His face was completely relaxed as he stood up, leaving his mom on the hard wooden floor. He smiled sweetly.

"Don't worry man, I just reverted her brain back to the state it was before last night."

Okuyasu didn't understand. He was panicking even more now than earlier.

"W-what do you mean by that?!"

Josuke looked at him with endearment, feeling slightly bad for Okuyasu because he didn't understand such a simple concept.

"I just made sure that when I fixed her brain, none of the neural connections from last night or this morning were there. She's going to forget this ever happened."

Okuyasu didn't know how to process this information. He sat back down on the chair, dumbfounded. Josuke walked behind him, placing his hands on Okuyasu's shoulders. He leaned down and kissed Okuyasu on the cheek.

"Do you want to go back to the room? We should have plenty of free time now~"

Okuyasu jumped out of his seat, angrily turning towards Josuke. Josuke had a disappointed look on his face.

"Sooo that's a no then?-"

"HOW CAN YOU BE HORNY AT A TIME LIKE THIS???"

Josuke sighed irritably.

"Look she's gonna be fine bro, she's gonna wake up and think she passed out after her client left or something."

Josuke gently held Okuyasu's hand, lightly squeezing it.

"I promise she's going to be okay."

He smiled warmly at Okuyasu, who still didn't know what to think. Josuke heard his mom groaning behind him. Quickly, he rushed over to her with a worried look on his face.

"Mom! Are you okay?"

Tomoko rubbed her palm on her forehead. She slowly sat upright on the wooden floor, her other arm supporting her. Josuke was leaning down in front of her.

"W-what happened-"

"You must have passed out or something. You're working yourself too hard mom."

She looked confusedly around the room, shakily trying to stand up. Josuke helped her get on her feet again.

"Come on, go to your room and rest a little bit. I'll even make you some lunch."

His mother looked at him, dazed. He gave her a reassuring smile. She weakly smiled back. They slowly walked to the room, Okuyasu watching them go. He was frozen in place, trying to process how Josuke's personality did a complete 180 in a matter of seconds. It reminded him of how his dad used to be when he was still human. Okuyasu felt sick.

He watched as Josuke closed the door to his mothers room, casually walking down the stairs. When he was back in the kitchen, he wrapped his arms around Okuyasu. He kissed Okuyasu's neck.

"Well? Do you want to go back to my room?"

Okuyasu didn't reply. Josuke had pinned his arms to his side, so he couldn't move even if he wanted to. He just turned his head downwards, facing away from Josuke. Josuke sighed again.

"She's going to be fine Oku. I've done this before, so I should know."

Okuyasu's throat felt extremely dry.

"You've done this before..?"

"Yea, I faced this serial killer who's stand could control water, so when my mom drank coffee with him in it, I had to punch a hole in her gut."

Okuyasu didn't respond.

"And look, she turned out fine! That was 2 years ago, she's had no gastrointestinal problems since then. In fact, I think she said she felt better afterwards."

Josuke didn't seem like the type to make up such an elaborate lie, so Okuyasu just nodded. Then again, he did just lie to his mom's face just now. Josuke buried his head into Okuyasu's neck.

"Look, it was going to be awful for us if I didn't do that-"

"How do you know that though?"

Okuyasu's reply was so quiet that Josuke barely heard it. Okuyasu's body was shaking.

"That's your mom bro, not some random thug on the street."

Josuke sighed.

Now I know why he's upset.

"Look, I didn't hurt her. It may have looked like it, but she's completely fine. You of all people should know this."

Okuyasu didn't reply. Josuke spoke more gently now, his voice filled with compassion.

"I'm not like your dad Oku. Or Keicho. I won't hurt you, my mom, Jotaro, anyone that I care about. I'm not that kind of guy."

He let go of Okuyasu, walking around him so they faced each other. He interlocked their fingers. Okuyasu didn't turn his gaze away from the floor.

"Okuyasu..."

Josuke leaned down so he could see Okuyasu's face.

"I promise she is going to be okay. She isn't hurt, she won't remember what happened. Everything is going to be okay."

Josuke could hear Okuyasu sniffling.

"P-promise?"

Josuke squeezed his hands.

"I promise."

Okuyasu turned his gaze away from the floor, smiling meekly. Josuke gave him a quick kiss on the lips, which he didn't refuse.

"We don't have to do anything you don't want to Oku. Just stay in the room for a little while, I'm going to make my mom something to eat."

Okuyasu nodded, letting go of Josuke's hands. They went their separate ways, Okuyasu feeling much more relaxed.