Chapter 5

They laid in the dark, bodies intertwined. Josuke was as stiff as a board. Wide eyed, all he could do was stare up at the ceiling while Okuyasu laid his head on his chest. Okuyasu could definitely feel Josuke's heart pounding against his ear. He wasn't in a much better state; it took all of his courage to even get this far. So instead of saying what he wanted to, he just laid there, more nervous than he's ever been before.

A couple of minutes passed by. Finally, Okuyasu spoke.

"Uh-you know Tonio?"

Josuke didn't reply. Okuyasu's heart was racing now; pounding so hard that his chest hurt.

This is a fucking terrible idea.

Despite the intrusive thought, Okuyasu decided to continue.

"Yea, he told me that you liked me. Like, like-liked me. Crazy right?"

Josuke felt his throat closing up. He was really gonna throw up this time. His lack of reply made Okuyasu feel less and less sure about what he was doing. But he needed to be honest with his best friend.

"And uh, I just wanted to say that I..."

He stopped. Why couldn't he get the words out? Okuyasu started panicking.

Just say it. Just say it. Say what you came here to say.

Okuyasu took a deep breath. It didn't help his nervousness at all.

"I, uh...I mean, if you're okay with it, because, like, if you're not, it's cool, I don't want you to hate me or anything. Please promise me you won't hate me if I tell you, but..."

He braced himself.

"I...I like you too, Josuke."

Silence. They both laid there for a while, trying to process what just happened.

"Why..?"

Okuyasu moved his head to look at Josuke's face, glad he got some kind of response, even if it didn't make any sense.

"Because you care about me, and, you're smart, and cool, and h-handsome, and-"

"But I'm a guy..."

Okuyasu didn't understand what Josuke's point was.

"That doesn't matter to me, I still like ya."

Josuke remained silent. He didn't know how to feel. Here, after months of fighting his feelings, Okuyasu just confessed to him. What was he supposed to do now? He didn't even think it would ever come to this. He couldn't see him, but he knew Okuyasu was staring at him, waiting for some kind of answer. Not wanting to move, he summoned Crazy Diamond to turn on the light.

Once the light flickered on, Josuke could now see that Okuyasu's face was inches away from his. He was close enough that he could clearly see the bags under Okuyasu's eyes; the smaller scars; his slightly chapped lips. It made Josuke flustered, but he didn't look away.

It's time he was honest with himself.

"I like you, Okuyasu."

He tenderly stroked Okuyasu's cheek.

"I really, really like you."

Okuyasu closed the gap between them, their lips connecting. Josuke placed his thumb on Okuyasu's chin, gently pulling his lips apart. He pushed his tongue into his best friend's mouth, desperately wanting more. His body felt like he was on fire. Okuyasu climbed on top of him, drawing them even closer. Josuke pulled his lips away. A string of saliva still connected the two.

Josuke looked up at his best friend. Okuyasu's eyes seemed glazed over, his face a deep crimson. Josuke could feel Okuyasu's dick pressing against him. His heart was beating rapidly in his chest.

"Do you...really want to do this?"

Okuyasu nodded. Josuke had never been so turned on in his life.