Pehla Nasha

Pehla Nasha/ First Intoxication

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous story.

I'll reply to the PMs soon.

Previous story: Sangemarmar (Posted on 18 – Aug- 2021)

I have always wanted to write drabbles, because it has always intrigued me on how to say a story in so few words. This is my attempt at a drabble, though, it has exceeded way more than a drabble word limit.

This story is a no brainer, no logic, no morals with absolutely crazy couple.

"I can't believe Dadi is forcing me to go see this village girl for marriage!" Rishabh says furiously as he puffed on his cigarette.

"Relax Rishabh, you go and see her." Mukund tells him.

"What am I even going to talk to her about?" Rishabh asks him. "I can't even think of a single thing to talk to her about!"

Rishabh furiously paces in his room while Mukund silently watched him.

"How is she going to adjust to a metropolitan city? All Dadi cares about is a promise she made to her old friend!"

"But your Dad did say that it will be your decision whether you want to marry her or not, right?" Mukund asks confused.

"What if she says yes and Dadi emotionally blackmails me?" Rishabh asks him panic.

"Don't fall prey to her blackmailing." Mukund replies shrugging.

"If I didn't fall for her blackmailing then I wouldn't be going to that village today!" Rishabh reminds him in exasperation.

"Isn't that your fault then? Be strong, man."

"Shut up!" Rishabh says taking a drag.

"Relax, Rishabh. just make her say no."

"HOW?"

"You know, how these village girls are? Yeh paap hai... woh paap hai..."

Rishabh frowns hearing that. "What?"

"You smoke in front of her..."

"What if she tells my Dad and Dadi?" Rishabh asks shocked. "They don't know I smoke."

"That is second issue... first we have to make her say no... so, smoke... tell her you party... that you drink every day."

"I drink only socially!"

"Is she going to investigate?" Mukund asks him exasperated. "Even if she says yes after that... tell her, you can't be with one woman all your life, that you sleep around."

"I'm a virgin!" Rishabh reminds him.

"Not for lack of trying." Mukund mutters.

"What the heck? It is out of choice!" Rishabh replies offended.

"You never even had a girlfriend."

"I never found anyone interesting!"

"Yeah right." Mukund rolls his eyes.

Rishabh looks away though as he smoked, he thought giving Mukund's idea a go.

*********

"This is our Madhu."

Rishabh hears the happy announcement and irately sighs.

"Awww she is so beautiful." Dadi says.

That caught his attention and he curiously looks up and sees a girl in a salwar walking towards them with a tray in hand. He looks at her face and his heart skipped a beat, she was beautiful.