The Moon Series 2 : Sun & Moon

The instinct to kill... was killing him. To rip apart ... was ripping him apart. It was controlling him and guiding him, making him race through the dark forest as his senses sharpened picking upon the smell and sound. A second later, he spotted her running frantically. As he neared her, he could smell the blood. The blood of an innocent she had fed on. His fury rose and he roared to signal his pack his location. Hearing him, she stops and turns back in fear. RK jumps towards her as he heard his pack roaring back to him as they approached him. He pounced on her just as he ripped her throat apart with his claws and roared loudly letting his fangs out completely. She struggles to push him off and he catches her hand and bending down he bites her letting his werewolf venom flow into her veins. He knew she would die a painful death in a few minutes with his venom in her but that didn't calm his fury or hatred against vampires and screaming out loudly he pushes his hand into her chest and rips out her heart. As she died, his pack joined him and pounced on her to rip her apart drowning down on the anguished cry of another.

RK turns to the sound and sees her mate watching them rip her apart. Seeing another vampire, the killer instinct in him rose again and RK jumps up and starts to chase him but in a jiffy the mate was gone. RK spend the rest of the night searching for the mate.

Madhu softly hummed as she rocked Kiraat to sleep. Madhu starts yawning as her son dozed off. He had woken her up from her sleep for his milk. Seeing that he was asleep, Madhu turns off the light and turns to walk back to the bed. She checks her mobile for the time and realizes that it was time for Rishu to get back. Throwing her phone on to the bed, she walks towards the window and look out. There wasn't much movement down in the forest but she knew clearly now what was happening inside the forest. Madhu sighs and sends up a silent prayer for her husband. It had taken her a while to sleep at night when Rishu goes to hunt Vampires. He had always come back unscathed but somewhere in her the fear for his safety was still there and she knew it would always be there. But she can never stop him from all this. It was his duty and she loved him for what he is, a hunter, a protector, a werewolf.

Madhu looks up to the sky and sees the moon shining brightly. It was a full moon. Rishu usually stays with her for a while as they gazed at the moon together remembering their old carefree childhood but today he had gone without that, promising to come back early. She didn't stop him because she knew why he had to go; there had been a lot of animal attacks being reported in the news. The ignorant law and press called it animal attacks when in truth it was Vampires. Feeling a chill run through her, Madhu hugs herself as she waited for Rishu to get back home.

The door burst open and Madhu quickly turns back to look and sees a man enter. He had fangs. His eyes were red, not red like an Alpha's, it was blood red. Madhu's heart starts beating frantically. She steps back in fear realizing that he was neither a werewolf nor human. He was what she had been hearing about for two years now, a Vampire.

Madhu gulps in panic as she stared at the man.

"You are that Alpha's wife. Aren't you? Rishabh Kundra's wife."

Madhu nods in panic hoping that would scare him.

The man advances to her and Madhu moves back in fear and she starts to scream for Rishu. He keeps his hand over her mouth crushing her jaws before a whimper could even escape.

"You are scared." He says with a smile. "I can hear your heart beating as if it would burst now."

Tears starts flowing from her eyes as fear and pain gripped her. His hold was really painful. In all the pain, her brain kept telling her not to look towards Kiraat. She didn't want his attention to move to Kiraat from her. She couldn't imagine what he would do to Kiraat. Madhu prayed hard that Kiraat doesn't wake up or that he doesn't hear Kiraat's heart beat like he was hearing hers. Rishu had told her that a baby's heart beats were not as loud as an adult's and while sleeping it was a dull sound that one has to concentrate to hear the heartbeat of a baby. The man looked deranged; hopefully he wouldn't take the time to listen to the heart beats. She just had to stall him for a few minutes more, till Rishu got back home. Then Kiraat and she would be safe once again.