Parent Child Series 1 : Punar Vivaah

"Madhu... please have a look at this profile." Padmini gently tells her as she tried to pass the laptop to her.

"You just tell me the details, Maa." Madhu replies disinterested as she changed the channel.

"His name is Rishabh Kundra, he is 32 years old, and he is working as a Finance Director."

"At 32?" Madhu asks suspiciously. "Maa, you know how people lie over the matrimony site, right?"

"You think we would just decide on anyone?" Padmini asks her frowning. "I've been talking to him and Malik did inquire about him."

"You have been talking to him?" Madhu asks surprised.

"Yes. He seems like a nice man. Will you meet him?"

"Did you tell him everything?"

"I did."

"And he has no problem?"

"He has a 4-year-old daughter, Madhu." Padmini gently tells her.

"Hmmm. What happened to his first wife?"

"Divorced. Will you meet him?" Padmini asks her again.

Madhu nods her head not happy or sad over the prospect.

Today Rishabh Kundra was coming to meet her and Madhu was still trying to come to terms with the idea of a remarriage. If few years back someone might have told her that Sultan and she would be getting a divorce and that she would be thinking of marrying someone else she would have laughed over that with Sultan. They had been so madly in love then the desire for an child had toppled down everything and her perfect marriage had turned into a nightmare. Today, she didn't particularly want to get married but seeing that her aging parents were worrying about her future she had decided to get married for them, not for her, for them. She had loved once and lost; now she didn't have the courage to love again. Hearing the door bell, Madhu looks up just as her parents opened the door to welcome a handsome man. She watches him curiously as he talked to her parents with a polite smile.

"Please come inside." Malik tells him.

Nodding, RK starts walking in and Madhu notices a small girl wearing a short skirt and top with ponytail was holding his hand and looking around curiously. Her curious eyes lands on her and she smiles at Madhu. Madhu smile back at her.

"This is my daughter, Madhubala." Malik tells RK.

RK turns to look at her and gently nods his head. "Hello."

"Hello." Madhu replies.

"This is my daughter, Ruhi." RK tells her as he gently caressed her hair.

Madhu smiles at Ruhi and Ruhi smiles back at her, "This is my Papa, Rishabh Kundra." Ruhi tells Madhu since everyone had failed to introduce her father to anyone.

"They know, darling." RK gently whispers to her.

"Oh." Ruhi nods.

Malik chuckles softly, "Please sit."

RK and Ruhi sit next to each other as Malik, Padmini and Madhu sat opposite to them.

Malik, Padmini and RK talked to each other while Madhu and Ruhi remained silent.

"I understand you don't have any immediate family... what about other relatives?" Malik asks RK.

"My parents passed away few years back. I am an only son. I don't have any close family as such, just some distant relation that I meet for functions or festivals over the years." RK explains to them. "It is just Rooh and me."