Trapped

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous story. Tanha Dil/ Lonely Heart(posted on 24. May. 2023)

I actually forgot that I had written a story called Lonely Hearts when I named my previous story as Tanha Dil. Sorry about that.

Warning

This is not much of a story.

This is an idea I had for a long time but never wrote it as I felt there was no story, just a scene... then, I thought why not just write that sene.

So, I decided to make it a Drabble. This is my yet another attempt at a Drabble.

788 words... I'm getting there.

Let me warn you, it has no logic and no story

Will reply to PMs and messages soon.

Madhu sighs loudly as she turned in her car seat and looked at Rishabh. "Such a long day I had. The travel was hectic."

Rishabh smiles contentedly at her as he caressed her cheek with t he back of his finger.

"But I'm so glad that I'm finally here." Madhu says smiling happily in relief.

"I missed you." Rishabh tells her.

Madhu leans towards him as she whispers against his lips."I missed you more."

Rishabh pulls her close to him and hungrily kisses her.

They were kissing when they were drenched in a bright flash light.

************

"I'm a lawyer and I know my rights!" Rishabh says furiously as he sat opposite the inspector in the police station while Madhu sat beside him and cried.

"Oh so, you would do anything you want in public?" The SI asks him in disgust.

"We were in my car!" Rishabh reminds him. "And we are consenting adults! And it is not a crime!"

"Ah, you would know, after all you're an expert in bending the law and finding loopholes!" He says in hatred.

"Do we know each other?" Rishabh asks confused.

SI looks at him in pure hatred. Then looking at Madhu he asks, "Who is she?"

"My girlfriend."

"Really?" SI chuckles. "You know there is a beach just 50 meters away from where you were?"

"So?" Rishabh asks confused.

"Prostitution in public place is not allowed."

"What the fuck asshole?" Rishabh furiously screams as he stood up and Madhu quickly holds his hand to pull him back.

"No, Rishabh, please."

"Abusing police? That is also another offense."

"What the hell is your problem?" Rishabh asks him furiously. "What you are doing is illegal."

"I'm not doing anything. I'm not going to arrest you. I'm just waiting for a few reporters. Once they come, I'll let you two leave. Let the world see how the ace criminal lawyer is in his private life."

"Why are you doing this?" Madhu asks him as she cried.

He ignores Madhu.

"Even if the press comes, I know how to handle this." Rishabh says as he stared at the SI then looking at his name plate, he frowns. "Sultan Shukla." He looks at Sultan's face and says. "I know that name."

"Now, you remember?" Sultan asks in hatred.

"You were among the people that had filed false charge against my client. And you were demoted and transferred as punishment." Rishabh says remembering.

"This time, no arrests will be made but your reputation would be butchered. Criminal lawyer soliciting with prostitutes."

"She is my girlfriend." Rishabh furiously says as he stood up to grab Sultan's throat.

Madhu quickly gets up and pulls him down before Rishabh could even touch Sultan. "That's enough!" Madhu sternly tells him.

Sultan stops in confusion seeing the demure girl being authoritative now.

"Took you long enough!" Rishabh mutters in disgust.

Madhu grabs her cell phone from the table as she shrugged at Rishabh. "Wanted to see what was happening and how are things here."

"How dare you..." Sultan starts as he started to grab the phone from Madhu who had started dialing a number.

Rishabh quickly holds his hand.

"Let him go, Rishabh. You'll not touch a policeman." Madhu sternly orders him as she waited for the person to answer the call.

Rishabh lets go off Sultan's hand and tells him in a warning tone. "Trust me, you don't want to trouble her."

Sultan frowns as he looked at Madhu. "Keep your phone back here."

Madhu stares at Sultan and then she hears "Hello?"

"Hello, Bittuji. This is Madhubala Malik, we met in the evening."

"Yes, Madam." Bittuji says quickly on the phone.

"Did I wake you up?"

"No, Madam. What can I do for you?"

"I want the suspension order for Sultan Shukla. I'll message you the details and the fax number to send the order." Madhu says and hangs up.

Sultan stops in shock as he stared at Madhu.

Grinning smugly, Rishabh informs him, "I didn't introduce my girlfriend properly. Madhubala Malik, Deputy Commissioner. She took charge today, I guess that is why you didn't recognize her."

The blood drains from Sultan's face while Madhu glared at him. Seeing the fire and fury in her eyes, he was scared.

"Sir, the press is here." A constable informs Sultan as he stood at the door.

"I guess, I'll have to address the press and give them an update." Madhu says in a tired tone as she stared at Sultan.

"Madam... I'm sorry."

"Save it!" Rishabh says grinning it. "She never accepts my apology! And you think she will accept yours?"

"I accept your apology when you grovel good and well." Madhu reminds him cheekily as she walked out to address the press.

*** The End ***

Please vote and comment

- Lazy