Lollipop

Madhu furiously pressed on the remote. She should have never trusted that good for nothing asshole! Why was she even friends with him? oh yeah... Madhu thought dreamily, but that was besides the point! Dammit! Madhu furiously changed the channels.

"Madhu?" Rishabh calls her name as he walked towards the couch she was curled upon.

Finally! Mr. Dreamboat decides to grace her with his presence.

"Hi Rishabh." Madhu says smiling as she sat up properly.

"What are you doing here?" Rishabh asks her smiling.

"I'm staying here tonight." Madhu says acting as lady-like as she could.

"Oh! Where is Rudra?" Rishabh asks curiously looking for his younger brother.

"Don't remind me about that pig!" Madhu says furiously dropping her lady-like act.

Rishabh chuckles as he sits on the couch and asks her, "Now, what did he do?"

"He told me he needs my help with his exams and made me come over, and then he gets a call from Romi, and he abandons me here and goes off for a party with her."

Rishabh chuckles, "You should have known better than to trust Rudy, especially when he says he wants to study."

"Yeah... he bribed me." Madhu says before she could think and then bites her tongue.

Rishabh grins, "Ah, with what?"

"Nothing." Madhu says turning slightly pink shaking her head. "Leave it."

"Fine. I'll." Rishabh tells her smiling, deciding to drill it out of his brother later. "Do you want me to take you home?"

"No one is home." Madhu says upset.

"Oh... where did they go?"

"They all went for my cousin's wedding. Even I wanted to go."

"And he bribed you to skip that?" Rishabh asks shocked.

"Now you understand why I am so upset?"

"That must have been one hell of a lollipop he dangled to lure you." Rishabh says shocked. "What was that?"

I am staring at it! Idiot!

"Leave it." Madhu says.

"Why didn't you go for the party?"

"I don't see eye to eye with Romi." Madhu confesses softly.

"Why not?"

Madhu shakes her head in negative.

"Come on, at least tell me that." Rishabh tells her unable to control his curiosity. Dammit! He was already paying Rudy half his paycheck. Getting one thing out of Rudy was possible... but bribing him to get two information... Rudy will ask him for his kidney in return.

"Well..." Madhu starts turning a little pink.

Rishabh excitedly looks at her.

"One day, Rohit asked me to go for coffee."

"And you went?" Rishabh asks, his smile dropping.

For a second, she thought Rishabh looked downright furious then it quickly turned to confusion on his face. "I did... and later, I find out that Romi found out about it, and I didn't know he was dating Romi. She thought I was trying to lure her boyfriend away from her. As if I want to! I have no interest in him."

"Then why did you go?" Rishabh asks frowning.

"I was hungry." Madhu tells him shrugging.

"And then what happened?"