•Chapter 7: O.W.L Results

Ariana's POV

Me and George walked down the many stairs to the kitchen to find everyone crowded around the table eating breakfast. A very late breakfast if you ask me.

"What's going on?" George said as we sat down in the closest empty seats.

"A letter from Dumbledore have arrived while you two were upstairs" dad said to us before glaring at George. Fred smirked while everyone else looked confused. Dad slid the letter across the table while George grabbed some toast. I ripped open the envelope and unfolded the letter.

To Miss Ariana Black,

The results below show the O.W.L. results from the examinations taken in the house of Black.

From Professor Dumbledore.

Pass Grades:
Outstanding (O)
Exceeds Expectations (E)
Acceptable (A)

Fail Grades:
Poor (P)
Dreadful (D)
Troll (T)

Astronomy: P
Care of Magical Creatures: A
Charms: O
Defense Against the Dark Arts: O
Divination: T
Herbology: A
History of Magic: A
Potions: E
Transfiguration: E

"YES" I shouted. Everyone looked at me because of my outburst. George took the letter out my hands and looked at my grades.
"Ha. You failed Divination too" George said.
"Really" Fred said getting up and reading the letter over his brothers shoulder.

"How'd you do?" Ron asked with a mouth full of food. Mrs Weasley gave him an appalled look for his behaviour. I kept in my laugh and answered his question.

"Outstanding in charms and defence, Exceed Expectations in potions and transfiguration" I started before getting interrupted.
"How'd you do that?" Ginny asked shocked.
"She's a metamorphmagus, remember?" George said still reading my letter. She nodded before going back to her food. Dad motioned for me to continue.

"I got acceptable in Herbology, History of Magic and Care of Magical Creatures. I thank Buckbeak for that mark. In Astronomy I got poor and I got Troll in Divination" I said finishing proudly.

"That's great" dad said proudly.
"Even her failing Astronomy and Divination?" Mrs Weasley said without thinking.
"Yes" dad responded, "I failed them too". He sent a smile my way.
"And a lot of other things" I said under my breath while grabbing some breakfast. George and Fred sniggered next to me so I guess they heard. Fred went back to his seat when I took my letter out of George's hands.

"Hey!" He said in protest. I smiled at him before pointing at his toast and saying, "eat". He rolled his eyes before eating. I began eating but saw my dad glaring at George out of the corner of my eye.

After breakfast/lunch I headed upstairs to get changed as I am still in my pjs. I changed into a pair of black skinny jeans and black tight tee-shirt. I slipped some fluffy socks on my feet and headed towards my door. I pulled my door open to see Ginny and Hermione standing outside leaning over the railings.

"Hello?". Their heads whipped around at the sound of my voice before the shocked faces changed to smirks.

"What's up?" I said crossing my arms over my chest and leaned on my door frame. They didn't say anything but they did drag me back into my room and shut the door behind them. Ginny pushed me onto my bed before saying, "explain".

"Explain what?" I asked completely confused.
"You. George. Being all friendly" Hermione said sitting down next to me and nudging me with her elbow.
"Yeah. We're friends".
"Oh come on. We saw your dad continuously glaring at George and we heard him when he sent the patronus up here. What happened?" Ginny said the other side of me.

"Nothing. He just walked in at the wrong time that's all" I said trying to be a brief as I could. I think they understood that I wasn't going to let anything slip so they sighed and got up to leave but not before turning around and saying, "we will find out, you know, if you like him".

"Get out" I said pointing to the door. They left giggling and I fell backwards into the bed. I lay there for a bit before falling asleep.

George's POV

After Ariana left the kitchen and everyone was in there own conversations Sirius turned around to me and whispered to me, "I need to talk to you later" with a stern expression on his face. I nodded my head and started eating more food to keep myself from talking to him.

*Time Skip to later in the evening*

I was sitting the kitchen noting down some prank ideas with Fred when I heard the door open. Mum and Sirius walking in with some sheets in their hands. When Sirius's eyes found me his expression hardened. They put the papers down before he walked over to me and said, "George can I talk to you?". I gave Fred a look and got up and followed him into the corridor by the stairs.

"What were your intentions with Ariana earlier?" He said straight off the bat.

"We just having some fun Sirius" I said and his face expression changed to a terrifying look. Wrong thing to say, definitely. Fix it George. "I mean we were just messing around".

"Good because if I ever find out you tried to pull something on my daughter I will hunt you down within a second" he said backing me into the wall. I nodded my head so fast that I went dizzy.
"Good" he said ending the conversation before disappearing into the board room thing. I let out a breath that I was holding in before hearing a voice behind me, "what the hell was that about?". I jumped and whipped around to see my twin looking at me.

"Nothing. Just......nothing" I said deciding not to say anything.
"Ok but remember you can tell me anything, right?" He said putting his hand on shoulder before going back into kitchen. I leaned against the wall before following him down.

Ariana's POV

I got up from leaning over the railing and let my brain take in everything I just witnessed. I can't believe my dad, scaring George like that. I know he was protective but god that was too far. Also, I wonder if George isn't telling me something as my dad was pretty mad. He couldn't even tell Fred what he thinking. I need to speak to him.

"Ariana dinner" I heard someone say. I made my way downstairs still thinking about the conversations I just witnessed.