•Chapter 15: Letters

Ariana's POV

It's been about 2 weeks since everyone had headed back to Hogwarts for school. Even though the house has frequent visitors, I've never felt more lonely. I just wish people my age were here again.

I wake up to a tapping noise on my window. I open my eyes and look to see an owl looking at me from the window ledge. I roll my eyes and grab my wand to magic the window open. A handsome grey and brown owl lands on my bed frame and sticks it foot out for me to take the letter off his leg. I slip the letter off his leg and he flys back out the room.

I turn the letter over in my hands to see my name written on the front. As I unfold it I see a few letters enclosed, one from the twins, one from Hermione and Ginny and another with no name on the top. I raise my eyebrows at that but I decide to read that one last.

I open Hermione and Ginny's letter to find a short letter-

Hey Ariana,
How are you? It's been weird without you around. I know you've asked about Hogwarts so we thought we'd keep you up to date about everything. We got a new Defence against the Dark Arts teacher-

She's a right bitch!- Ginny.

Sorry, Ginny got the paper...but she's not wrong. Anyway, she's different than our other teachers-

She doesn't let us use magic in lessons or in the corridors. She thinks she runs the bloody school and you should hear her do her stupid cough- Ginny

Sorry again. Anyway I hope you are okay and I don't miss us too much, but I guess it's George your missing. Hope to talk to your soon.

Hermione and Ginny xx

I roll my eyes at their letter. At Ginny's interruptions and the George comment. I place the letter down on the bed and I open the twins letter and it reads,

Dear Ariana,
How's life back at home? We miss you and your strange ways. I bet the house is really boring without us isn't it (hair flip). Don't worry, it won't be long till you see my beautiful face again....and George's face.

Sorry about Fred, anyway, you'll never guess who's teaching us DADA... the wicked witch herself, Umbridge. Or as we call her, Umbitch.

How's Sirius and Remus. I bet they're keeping you busy. How's the patronus going? Still a white tigar?

Anyway, it's great to hear from you but gotta go before McGonagall notices we aren't paying attention.

Write to you soon,
Fred (the better looking twin) and George
(P.s. we got caught by McGonagall)

By the end of their two letters a smile has appeared on my face that hasn't been there since everyone had left. However the smile slipped from my face when I caught sight of the third letter. It's a single piece of parchement with a paragraph on it.

Ariana,
I have to write this fast so others don't see but I've missed you alot since we've left and I hope we can meet up soon, maybe at hogsmeade.
From the better looking twin, George xx

I smile at the letter in my hands until I hear a knock at my door.
"Yeah" I shout to the person outside. The door opens and I see my dad's head appear around the door.
"Well someone's popular" he announces seeing all my letters. I guess it would be a funny sight. Me sitting up in my double bed, all snuggled up in my pillows and duvet with the letters scattered around my bed.

"Shut up" I roll my eyes.
"Who they from?" Coming to sit on my bed with me.
"Hermione, Ginny and the twins" I say pointing at two of the letters but not George's independent one.
"And?" He points at George's letter which I try to drag towards me but he was too fast and gets it first. He smirks at me and unfold it. As his reads his smirk slips from his face and turns to a scowl.

"He misses you? Wants to meet up at Hogsmeade?" He questions. He looks into my eyes, "no".

"What? Why can't I? I've been there before?" I shout.
"Yeah with Moony, not on your own" he voice raises as he says it.
"But-" I began but the door opening cut me off.
"Everything ok?" I hear and Remus walks through the door.
"Look at this" dad says waving my letter in his face. When Remus actually grabs the letter, he reads it but his face doesn't show what he's thinking.
"Well.." dad says with his hands on his hips.
"So he wants to meet up with you" Remus states before walking to me and passes me the letter. He sits down at the end of my bed and looks at me.
"Yes" I respond.
"Which is completely idiotic. Letting her meet up with him is idiotic. This conversation-" dad rambles on.
I cut him off by shouting "DAD". He shut up long enough for me to say, "Why?".
"What?".
"Why can't I meet up with him and most probably Fred?".
"Because..." he drifts off. I let out a breath of air and cross my arms.
"Let me try" Remus says to dad, who nods, "What padfoot is trying to say is that it's dangerous for you to go to". I try to interrupt but he continues, "however I think you should go".
"What?" I say happily.
"What?" Dad says angrily.
"She's 17 and he's her friend. You can't keep her locked up forever".
He waves his arms around for a while before sighing and sitting next to me.
"I know I can't stop you, it's just..I want....I don't want you getting hurt" dad looks down in embarrassment.
"I know" I say and give him a hug.
"How about me and Tonks come with but we stay in the background?" Remus asks.
"Any reason that it has to be you and Tonks?" Dad smirks and I join in. This causes Remus to stutter and give an excuse to leave. I giggle at Remus and look up at dad. He kisses my head and says, "How about you get changed and we'll have an adult conversation about this?". I nod my head and smile. He kisses my head again before leaving.

I might be about to go see George...and the others.

George's POV

I walk down the corridor with Fred when I hear our names called. We turn in sync to see Ginny.
"Yeah?" Fred asks as she runs up to us. When she gets to us she leans on her knees and breathes heavily.
"You alright?" I ask laughing at my sister. She puts a finger and takes a deep breath.
"Letters from Ariana" waving the letters around. I make to grab them but Fred beats me.
"Thanks little one" he pats her head which causes her to walk off mumbling.
"Well?" I ask almost bouncing.
"Usual stuff. I'm Well, miss you too...except this bit. I would love to come to meet you. George?" He tilts his head at me and smirks. I glare and grab the letter. I scan it and smile. She's can visit me.

I get to see Ariana again. Yay!