•Chapter 2: Meeting and Mission

Ariana's POV

I followed my dad and Remus to the kitchen to find it full of the order members. I saw Tonks waving me over so I walked over to her to found she saved me a seat.

"Thanks" I said as I sat down.

"No problem" she said smiling. She had pink spiky hair today and I'm loving it.

"How you been?" I asked before the meeting starts and I'm forced to stay quiet for a long time.

"Good. Hey when do want to learn to control your metamorphmagus?" Tonks asked looking excited which made me feel excited.

"Oh, soon. I want to be able to change my hair colour on demand" I said getting even more excited. Suddenly Tonks started laughing.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Your hair changed to blonde" she said pointing to my hair. I pull a strand infront of me and saw it had turned turned blonde. I sighed at the sight of it and let the strand go. I lean back at in my seat and sighed again at my dad when he sees my hair a different colour and grins at me.

We didn't get to say anything else as the meeting had begun. They talked about some killings of muggles in a village in Cornwall. I can't believe that they would do that. They are muggles for christ's sake, they can't defend themselves. I was still thinking about the poor people and their families until I heard something that interested me.

"We need two people to go undercover in hogsmeade as we have a suspicion that some death eaters are hiding out there. We don't know exactly know what they're doing but better knowing than not." Kingsley said, "now who can do that?".

A few murmurs were heard around the room of consideration before I raised my hand and asked "can I?". They all looked at me in confusion as most don't see me as a official member but I heard no arguments....well, till dad announced, "Of course not. Your only 17" from the other end of the table.

"Why not? I'm of age?" I asked getting annoyed.

"Because it's not safe" he said. This sentence made me angry rather than annoyed and saw my hair changing colour to red from the corner of my eye.

"Not safe. NOT SAFE! It's never safe and hasn't been for a while. I've sat here for weeks on end listening to you all go out and do stuff. All I do is help plan. Could you plan this? Could you plan that? That's all I've heard. Let me just do this one thing. I'll go with Remus if it makes you feel better but please just let me go" I yelled, but got quiet at the end, looking him straight in the eye.

There was silence after my outburst and it was only stopped when I heard Tonks say, "I think she should do it. I mean she had been cooped up in a house, if not Remus's, this house for what, 17 years. I think she should do it and go with Remus. Come on Sirius?".

I smiled at her in gratitude before I looked at dad again. He finally sighed and said, "Fine but Remus you have to go with her" pointing at him. Remus nods at him before smiling at me.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I said getting up and running around to hug him.

"Then it's settled. Ariana and Remus will be doing going undercover in hogsmeade" Kingsley says from the end of the table and then went in to other topics that I didn't really listen to. I was to busy thinking about me actually doing some order stuff and not just sitting around the house. While I sat there I notice my hair turn back to its original colour.

About 20 minutes later the meeting had ended. Everyone stood up but before they could leave Kingsley shouted, "could Ariana, Remus and Sirius stay so we can sort out some details for the mission".

The three of us sat down again and we waited for everyone to leave. When they all had gone Kingsley sat opposite us.

"Ok your mission will be starting in 4 days. If your find anything I want you to write it up and give me when you get back. You will be gone for 2 weeks and you will be staying at Remus's as it's closer" he said. He continued with other information before getting up. We got up too while he walked towards the door.

"Oh. Also, Ariana there might be a few people here when you get back. Bye" he said before disappearing through the kitchen door.

"Huh?" I looked at dad.

"Oh. The Weasley's and Hermione are coming to stay next week and then the day before you get back Harry is coming to stay aswell" dad said.

"Oh. Okay then" I said before going over to the cupboards and oven to make dinner.

"Remus, you staying for dinner?" dad asked.

"I think I might. If the cook would let me?" He said smirking at me. I laughed before responding,  "Ha. Of course you can". The rest of the day I hung around with buckbeak to keep him company and cleaned up around the house a bit. But the biggest thing on mind right now is how my first mission was going to go.