•Chapter 20: Ice Rink Adventures

Ariana's POV

It's Christmas eve night and the whole house is alive with energy. So much so that Mrs Black screaming was drowned out hours ago. I'm hanging decorations on the tree in the lounge with Ginny and Harry while others are roaming the house filling the place with Christmas cheer.

"I can't believe that your dad did that!" Ginny exclaims as I tell them the story of my dad chasing my ex up the street in his animagus form.
"Yeah. He's quite crazy at times, but I guess it's because he wants to protect me" I shrug as I levitate a decoration on one of the higher branches on the tree.
"Yeah. He's protective of Harry too" Ginny adds. I smile and nod in Harry's direction.
"Oh yeah. It's like he's gained a son now" I say. He gives me a small smile and continues to thread decorations.

It's all piece and quiet until we hear quick steps and the door slamming open. Ginny, Harry and I turn in sync to see Fred and George rushing through the door with one of them holding a squirming thing in his arms.
"What have you done?" Ginny asks her brothers.
"Nothin'" they say in unison while smiling innocently. I'm doughtful they have ever been inoccent though.
"Rightttt" Harry draws out.
"We're serious" Fred confirms.
"No, that's my dad. Now what are you hiding?" I say walking away from the tree towards the troublesome twins. They sigh and unveil a garden gnome. He's wriggling and clawing but as he is being held by his ankles it's doing nothing.
"Why?" I ask, crossing my arms.
"Mum told us to de-gnome your garden and this little bugger decided to put up a fight. So, I guess this is the new angel for the tree in this room" Fred said while George froze the gnome and dressed it in a dress and wings. I roll my eyes and just let them do it. I see no point in fighting it.

As I sit on the arm of the chair untangling fairy lights, George comes and sits next to me.
"I've heard that a ice skating rink is open down the street" George states.
"And?".
"I've never gone and you said I needed to change that. So, you up for it?".
"Well there's nothing going on here. Why not?" I say while putting down the fairy lights in my hand and jump up. He smirks however before he could get up the door opened again.
"Ariana. Come on order meeting" Remus says.
"Since when?" I ask confused.
"Since we organised it at the last meeting which you weren't paying attention in". Remus leaves after that which told me that there is no reason to argue.
"Give me ten minutes, I'll get out of it" I say quietly to George before following Remus out.

"-which shows us that-" Moody is lecturering us about death eater moment and hasn't stopped for 15 minutes. I'm sitting by the door trying to find a suitable time to sneak out which I presume is now as the sink behind Kingsley suddenly starts to spray water everywhere.
"Wha-" I get pulled out the room and come face to face to George.
"I saw you having trouble in getting out of there" George smirks.
"Shut up" I groan and slap his arm. I quickly grab coat and rush out the house with George on my heels without looking back.

Within 20 minutes me and George had arrived at the ice rink, put on our skates and were about to get on the ice when George grabbed my arm and said, "You know what. I think this is a bad idea". I let out a laugh.
"How come?" I say and turn to face him with my back to the ice. I grab his hand and start to walk backwards to the ice letting him follow me until my feet are on it but his aren't.
"I'm good on the ground and on a broom but ice? I don't know if I can do this" he shakily states while looking at the ice which is covered with about 30 people.
"It'll be fine" I push off and start skating. I skate for a minute before yelling, "Come on George". I watched him muster all his Gryffindor courage and put his feet on the ice. He didn't go down as he was gripping the sides but he is on the ice. I glide over to him and hold out my hand, "Come on". He takes one hand but doesn't release the side. I roll my eyes at his 'courage' and start to show him how to skate around.