•Chapter 8: Wait What?!

Ariana's POV

It's been a few days since Ginny and Hermione randomly talked to me about George and since I overheard the few conversations between my dad and the twins. I've been continuously thinking about it which has led me to avoid everyone and stay in my room except for meals. I know it's childish but I've never been good at expressing my emotions, except when my hair changes colour.

I have been thinking over what dad had said to George about if he pulled anything involving me he would hunt him down in a second. I have been told that I think things over too much and maybe this is one of the times. All dad was doing was looking after me, he just doesn't want me hurt again. He has always cared for me, even when he was stuck in prison and when I lived with Remus.

I sighed and ran my hands over my face before hearing a knock at my bedroom door. I walked over to it and opened it to find dad.

"Good morning dad".

"Morning darling, I just came up here to tell you that me and Mrs Weasley are serving breakfast for the next hour as everyone is just getting up. You coming?" he said.

I nodded, "of course. I'm just going to have a quick shower". He smiled before giving me a hug and leaving. I leaned against the door and thought, 'I can't hide in here forever , I need to talk to George about dad'.

I walked over to my wardrobe and picked out some underwear, a pair of black skinny jeans, a black tank top and a green jumper to wear over the top. I headed to my bathroom and took a quick shower. I got changed and blow-dried my hair which fell straight like always except for some strands which curled. I walked back into my bedroom, put my pj's under my pillow and headed to my dresser. I picked up my brush and brushed my hair through. I didn't bother putting makeup on today even if I'm trying to make an effort. I slipped some socks and my black ankle boots before heading towards my door.

'WAND!' my brain shouted. I smacked myself on the forehead, ran to my bedside table and picked up my wand. I slid it into my boot like always and then I made my way to the kitchen. As I got closer the voices got louder. Even though they are living here right now I was worried as I have been avoiding them and if they are annoyed with me. Well only one way to find out.

George's POV

I walked out of room with Fred to hear Sirius talking upstairs. We looked at each other before smirking and heading up a few stairs to hear the conversation. We couldn't completely make out what he was saying but I knew I shouldn't be standing there when I heard Ariana's voice respond.

"Of course, I'm just going to ta-" I didn't hear the rest before I grabbed Fred's arm and basically dragged him all the way downstairs to the corridor that lead to the kitchen. He whisper-shouted things at me all the way down the stairs as he didn't want to wake the painting of Mrs Black.

"What the hell was that about?" he whispered to me as he slapped me on the arm and then he rubbed his own.

"I'm sorry but if Sirius saw me listening into his conversation with Ariana he would have skinned me alive, literally" I whispered back rubbing my own arm. "He already doesn't like me and that wouldn't help".

"Ok but I still don't understand why he doesn't like you".

"Who doesn't like you because I would like to meet him. We could be friends" a voice said from behind us which made us jump. We turned to see Sirius walking past us into kitchen with a smile edged on his face. Fred laughed and followed him into the room. That little git. I made my way downstairs to see Fred and Sirius talking. I rolled my eyes and sat myself next to Ginny and dad.

I officially disown him.

Me and dad were talking about muggle things again when I heard the kitchen door open. I looked over and then did a double take. Ariana. I haven't seen her in anything than her pj's for past few days and yet she still looked as beautiful as before. Wait what?!

I shook my head before I saw Sirius glaring at me from the other end of the table. I looked down at my plate and carried on eating but my brain was hard at work trying to figure out that last comment. I must have been in my own world for a long time as it took my mum shaking my shoulder to get me to pay attention.

"You ok sweetie?" she asked. I nodded and stood up to find the room empty. I turned around to ask mum where everyone is when she led me out the room and to the room next door to see everyone except Ariana in there. I went and stood next Fred.

"You ok?" he asked and I nodded as mum started to explain about cleaning the room. Me and Fred were given the job of sweeping as we aren't trusted with anything else. We had been cleaning for about 10 minutes, which meant for us flicking dust at each other, when we heard a voice say, "George can I talk to you?". I looked up to see Ariana at the door avoiding my eyes.

"Um..." I looked to see everyone looking at me but Sirius glaring, "sure". I handed my broom to Fred and followed her out of the room even though I could feel daggers being shot at me by her dad and could hear giggling from the girls.

I wonder what this is about?