•Chapter 3: Bored on the Job

Ariana's POV

Me and Remus have been hanging around Hogsmeade for 2 days and nothing has happened. No death eaters. No suspicious behaviour. Nothing. Most of the time I wandered around looking at all the different places there are. It's so cool. I rarely get to see places like this as I'm usually stunk inside. I'm glad I took the mission.

"Hey Ariana wanna get a butter beer?" I heard Remus say from behind me. I thought about it for second before saying, "sure". We walked to the three broomsticks and we walked in to see it kinda busy. I went to go find us a table while Remus when to order the drinks. While I was looking I ran into someone. I looked up to see a really tall boy with flaming red hair.
"Sorry there love" he said holding my upper arms and smiling down at me.
"No problem" I said smiling up at him. He let go of me before patting me on the shoulder and walking past me. He got halfway to the door until he stopped halfway and stood there for a second before shaking his head and carrying on walking. Weird. When I finally found a table when I saw Remus on his way over with drinks.

"Here you go" he said handing me one.
"Thanks" I said taking a sip and sighed happily as it warmed me up.
"Who was that you were talking to?" he asked taking a sip of his drink.
"Huh?".
"You were talking to someone before".
"Oh. I don't know. I bumped into him and we didn't really talk, all he said was sorry and then walked off" I said taking another sip of my drink. Remus nodded at my explanation.
"He looked familiar" he said more to himself than me.
"Well I never met him. Actually I've never met anyone outside the order" I said sadly putting my drink down and drawing on the table with my finger
"Ariana you know why" he said looking me in the eyes.
"I know it's just that I've never met anyone that I could be friends with. How am I meant to make friends when I can't leave the bloody house" I said, "Girls my age usually have boyfriends and having fun with their friends but not me I'm stuck in a old dusty building with only a house elf, a hippogriff and dad to keep me company".
"Don't worry I have a feeling that when we get back you might make a few friends" he said with a smirk on his face and started drinking his butterbeer again.
"Yeah with the Weasleys, that Hermione girl and the famous Potter. I'm just gonna be that weird girl that see from time to time" I said sighing.
"Hey don't put yourself down" he said before finishing his drink. I nodded and downed the rest of my drink.
"Come on let's go back to doing nothing" I said with fake enthusiasm. Remus laughed and we walked back out the door to another day of boredom.