•Chapter 5: Meeting the Gingers

Ariana's POV

I blushed under the sudden attention and found the floor more interesting.

"George! Fred!" I heard Mrs Weasley shout. I looked up to see her glaring at two identical boys with smirks on their faces. Wait they look familiar.

"I thought you said you destroyed them all?" Mrs Weasley said.

"We did say that-" twin one began.

"But it may not be completely true" twin two finished off. Wow, I wonder if they practised that.

"Anyway we think the question at hand is-" twin one said.

"Who is that?" they said together and pointed at me.

"Um...da-Sirius. They don't know me do they?" I said looking over to him.

"Huh?" dad said looking at me,"oh right. Um...everyone this is Ariana, Ariana Black".

"BLACK?!?!"

Wow. I can't wait to see dad get out of this. I walked over to an empty chair which was next to the boy with black hair. I leaned back on my chair, put my feet on the table and crossed my arms and a smirk appeared on my face. I love watching dad explain who I am. Dad's head turned to me but all I did was motion to him to explain.

"Well....you see....she's ummm...." he kept trying to put it into words. After a minute of him stumbling over words and me sitting there silently laughing, I decided to help.

"I'm his daughter. I'm 17 and I have been homeschooled all my life. Not many people know I exist and the people who do are in the order".

"If she's your daughter, then who's your mum?" said the youngest boy with red hair.

"Why do you care?" I said whipping my head round at him. In the corner of my eye I saw my hair turn red.

"Ariana" Dad scolded me. The boy looked lost for words, properly half from my out burst and half from my hair.

"Sorry" I whispered looking down at the floor and biting my lip.

"Well I think introductions are in order" Mrs Weasley said after a moment of awkward silence and she signalled for someone to start.

"I'm Ginny Weasley" said the only girl with ginger hair.

"I'm Ron Weasley" shakily said the boy who asked me about my mum.

"I'm Hermione Granger" said the girl with brown hair.

"I'm Harry Potter" said the boy next to me.

"I'm Fred Weasley" said the twin with slightly lighter hair.

"And I'm George Weasley" said the other twin.

"Nice to meet you all" I said. I slid my feet off the table and turned to the twins. "So what is this?" and then held up the ear thing.

"That is an extendable ear. Me and Fred made them" George said looking very proud.

I nodded then said, "I'm sorry but you two look oddly familiar".

"Sorry but I've never met you before" Fred said and then looked at his brother who had his head tilted to one side.

"You look familiar too" George said, "have we met before?".

"I'm not sure...." I said before it all came back.

~Flashback~

We walked to the three broomsticks and we walked in to see it kinda busy. I went to go find us a table while Remus when to order the drinks. While I was looking I ran into someone. I looked up to see a really tall boy with flaming red hair.
"Sorry there love" he said holding my upper arms and smiling down at me.
"No problem" I said smiling up at him. He let go of me before patting me on the shoulder and walking past me. He got halfway to the door until he stopped halfway and stood there for a second before shaking his head and carrying on walking. Weird.

~~~

"I remember where I know you from. The Three Broomsticks in hogsmeade" I said pointing at him.

"Oh yeah. I bumped into you didn't I. Sorry about that by the way" he said to me.

"No problem" I said back and then my hair turned back to its natural hair colour, black.

"That's cool" Harry said to me.

"Thanks" I said chuckling at all there faces.

"So if you aren't known by anyone how come you were at the three broomsticks" George asked from across the table. All eyes were still in me, so I was a bit uncomfortable. George took the hint after a moment and stood up and made a Harry switch seats with him.

"So?" He asked as talk began to start from the table and Mrs Weasley carried on cooking.

"Well...um...me and Remus were on a mission to see if any death eaters were in Hogsmeade, as a source told us that some were hiding out there" I explained to him because if he was here then he knew about the order. Also, Remus had mentions they would be safe to trust and knew what was happening.

"Cool. Wait, how old are you?" He asked as Mrs Weasley put a plate of food in front of us both. We both smiled at her in thanks and then answered with, "17".

"You're already in the order?" He said shocked.

I nodded my head. "can't keep much secret here when I live here. That reminds me" I said. I reached into my jean pocket at withdrew the ear-thing. "explain".

"Ah. This is a 'extendable ear'. It's connected to a piece of string which I have here" he began and then pulled a long piece of string out his pocket. He took the end of the string and took the ear out my hand and connected them where I think they should be connected.

"Do you mind repairing it for me?" He asked while holding the objects together.

"Sure" I said getting my wand out of my shoe, placing it on the ear and string and saying, "repairo". The two became bonded again.

"There you go" I said putting my wand on the table and began eating. So did George.

"So what's it do?" I asked after a moment.

"You can listen in peoples conversations with out them knowing" he said with a smirk.

"That's cool" I said returning the smirk.

"Maybe I'll show you it later" he said smiling at me.

"I'd like that" I said returning the smile.

I guess these people aren't as bad as I thought they would be.