•Chapter 6: Bad Timing

Ariana's POV

It's been about 2 weeks since everyone arrived at my house and it's been an eventful few weeks. It turns out my assumption of not being talked to by the Weasleys, Hermione and Harry was extremely wrong. They all are welcoming people but out of everyone I have become the closest to Ginny, Hermione and the twins.

As usual my dad has been giving me magic lessons but not as much as Mrs Weasley has started a war against the dirty house, and I can confirm it's very dirty, in which she got everyone involved.

*BANG*

I sit up in shock in my bed as I wasn't expecting a noise in the early hours of the morning. I jumped out of bed and grabbed my wand from the dresser. I rushed towards the door and looked out into the hallway. I heard talking from a room on the floor below so began making my way down there. I kept my guard up all the way. I saw smoke coming from under one of doors and heard whispering. I approached the door and tried to open it but it was locked.

"Alohamora" I whispered pointing my wand at the lock.

*Click*

I turned the handle and slowly opened the door. The room was full of smoke but when the smoke had started to disappear and I could finally see I burst into laughter.

Fred and George were standing over a cauldron which has smoke streaming out of it and they were covered in soot.

"Stop laughing and shut the door" Fred said as he began shaking the soot off his hoodie. I did what he asked me and shut the door.

"What exactly are you doing?" I asked after I stopped laughing. I walked beside him and looked in the cauldron.

"Trying to make a love potion" George said like it was nothing.

"A love potion?" I questioned, I waved my wand and the smoke disappeared. "Why?".

"For our business that we are going to run after we leave Hogwarts".

"Ok" I said even though I was still a bit confused. I walked over to George and stretched up to ruffle his hair. Lots of soot came falling out which me start to laugh again.

"Stop it" he whined. But I didn't. While I laughed I looked over to Fred to see him chuckling too while apparating out of the room. As soon as Fred disappeared from my vision I was being pushed onto one of the beds. Then two hands started to tickle my sides. I started screaming and laughing uncontrollably.

"STOP!! GEORGE! PLEASE!!" I screamed while laughing with tears streaming down my face. Suddenly the door slammed open and a voice growled, "GET OFF HER!". George was dragged off me and I saw him being held by the collar by none other than my dad.

"What do you think you are doing?" dad said to George in a angry tone. George's face paled at this question.

"I...um...well..." George stuttered under dad's gaze.

"He was tickling me. Nothing to be mad about" I said trying to reason with my dad. He looked between me and George and then dropped George. He began to walk towards the door before turning around and saying, "be careful next time Weasley". George nodded his head quickly as the door slammed. We both let out a big breath of air and looked at each other.

"Sorry" we said at the same time. I let out a laugh as George grinned at me.

"Your dad kinda scares me" George says to me as he begins to clean up the soot all over him. "I'm sorry about that" I say getting up and getting out my wand to help clean up, "he's kinda protective".

I waved my wand and all the soot covering him, and me now, disappeared.

"Thanks" he said before falling on one of the beds. He lifted his head and said, "why?".

"Why what?" I said copying him and falling on the other one.

"Why is he so protective?".

"Because I'm his only daughter"

"and?"

"And.....I been hurt before".

He gave me a look that said, 'continue'.

"I had my first boyfriend about 3 months and Iwas cheated on by a muggle boy who lived up the street and he flipped out. Like really flipped out".

"How bad?" George asked me.

"He changed into his animagus form and may have...um...chased him around the neighbourhood".

George burst into laughter and his laugh is so contagious that I began laughing. We both sobered up after a while.

"That's brilliant" George finally said. We were in silence for a minute before he said, "why did you come in here in the first place?".

"Oh. I heard a bang which woke me up so I followed the noise and ended up here" I answered sitting up and crossing my legs.

"It woke you up?" he said with a look that said 'are you serious'.

"Yeah, in the early hours of the morning" I said being over dramatic.

"You do realise it's like 11:30ish right?" He said sitting up too, smirking at me.

"Oh". George laughed at me and then my fathers patronus comes through the door and says, "Ariana can you come downstairs please....and George". We looked at eachother and began to make our way downstairs.

"He doesn't like me anymore, does he?" Asked George. I shook my head as we carried on walking down the stairs to the kitchen.