•Chapter 10: Stargazing

Ariana's POV

I wake up to the front door slamming and my grandmothers painting screaming about half-bloods, the usual stuff. I roll my eyes and sit up in my bed. I rub my eyes to remove the sleep when I heard something scuttle across the floor. I sat up straighter and glanced in the direction of the noise. I waited a moment before I heard it again. I reached over grabbed my wand from my bedside table. I waited to hear the noise again and when I did I jumped up from my bed with my back to the door. I was about to perform a spell when I heard a crack from behind me.

I spun around and shouted, "Stupefy". One second later I saw George on the floor with his back against the door breathing heavily.
"Oh God. George, I'm so sorry" I said while rushing to him and helping him up.

"It's alright" he said leaning on me and breathing heavily.
"Really" I asked raising an eyebrow. He breathed out and shook his head no. I giggled and helped him sit on my bed, "I'm so sorry".
"It's ok. I did apparate in here without warning".
"Yeah...why are you here anyway?" I ask sitting next to him and looking at him.
"Wanted to wake you up as Fred is being an idiot and won't come downstairs for breakfast with me". I gave him a funny look and he responded, "I know it's silly but last time I went down into the kitchen on my own I walked in on some order stuff and well you know how they are".

"How did you know I wasn't getting changed? Or my dad wasn't here?" I tease him as he's still scared of my dad eventhough he's backed off a little. His face starts turning red and he starts stuttering about not thinking. I let him panic for a second before I let out a laugh and pat his shoulder.

"Ok, calm down I was just teasing. Just give me two minutes to change" gesturing to my pj's which consisted of black shorts and a long red tank top with a smiley face on. I jump up and head to the bathroom.

George POV

I watch Ariana close the door to her bathroom and I will my face to stop turning red. I sit looking at the bathroom door until I knock myself out of it.

I stand up and look around her room. She has weird sisters posters on her walls, pictures of her and Remus, pictures of her and Sirius and of all three of them. My eyes are drawn to one on her bedside table it's a picture of Sirius, Remus and another man who by the looks of it was an older version of Harry. James. Sirius is holding a baby wrapped in a blanket but I could tell it's Ariana as her long black hair is sticking out from the top. I pick it up and look closer. Sirius is looking at her with such love.

I hope I get to be like that with a child of mine when I grow up.

I must have stood there a while as a hand on my arm pulled me out of my thoughts. I turn round to see Ariana in different clothes and her hair up in a ponytail. She looks at the photo in my hands and a smile appears on her face. She looks at the photo for a second before putting it back and looking up at me, "come on, let's go have breakfast".

I follow her downstairs and into the kitchen which was full of order members and our parents. All eyes are on us when we walk in and I see Ariana blush. I smirk at her but continue walking.

"Are we interrupting something?" I ask.
"No we are just waiting for the result of Harry's trial" Kingsley says.
"But I thought it was this afternoon. You won't know for a while...." Ariana says sitting next to Sirius.
"We got a message from your father saying that it's been moved to this morning. Right now to be exact" Kingsley continued as if he didn't hear Ariana. I nodded and sat down next to my mum, opposite Ariana.

I reach for some toast on table before mum starts talking to me about cleaning a different room in the house. I nod my head and pretend to be interested. This continues through breakfast, even when the others came downstairs.

By the afternoon we had cleaned one of the bedrooms and a bathroom. I now understand why they call it the house of Black. It's all black with dirt. Anyway, we are all sat in the kitchen waiting for Harry and my dad. They came in and the room fell silent.
"Well?" Sirius asks.
"I got off" Harry says with a smile. This statement caused the rooms noise level to rise. A few of us singing/shouting that he got off and others congratulating Harry.

Ariana's POV

After a night full of noise and relief that Harry can continue going to Hogwarts, I head up to my room. I hug my dad goodnight and start the trek to my room.
"Hey where ya going?" I hear behind me. I turn to see George.
"I'm going to bed" I say like it's obvious.
"But it's still early" he leans on the railing of the stairs.
"Well what do you have in mind then?".
"Come on" he heads back downstairs, I follow and see him pass the door to the kitchen and see him go towards the door that leads to the back garden area. Somewhere me and my dad rarely use. He opens the door and waves me to follow. I roll my eyes but follow him anyway. We head down the corridor and open the door to the garden.

We see overgrown plants everywhere and an old swingset. I walk over to it and run my hand over the wooden frame.
"Why'd you bring me out here?" I say looking at him. He stands next to me and tilts my head up to the sky. I see a half moon lighting up the sky and I see millions of stairs in the sky.
"I thought you'd like this" he said in my ear. "I've always liked looking at the stars, don't tell my family I'll never live it down" he added as an afterthought. I let a laugh while I continued looking at the sky. It really was pretty.
"Why?" I ask.
"Huh?".
"Why do you like the stars?".
"I guess it gives me a break from my family....even though I am bloody bad at Astronomy".
We stand looking at the stars for some time before dark clouds start moving in. We head inside just in time as it began raining.

The house was quiet as we headed towards our rooms. We split on his floor with a smile towards eachother. I reach my room, get changed into pj's and pull my hair from its ponytail. I look towards my window before walking over. I look towards the now dull sky and fix my gaze on the moon. My mind wonders to George and how nice he was earlier. I continue looking at the moon unaware of George doing the same in the room on the floor below me.