Chapter 17

Y/N P.O.V

"I know that you did say you were going to drag me with you, but I didn't think you meant literally!" I puffed out my cheeks. King and Elaine sat at the front of the cart while Escanor held the reins for the horses while Ban sat on the side.

Meanwhile, I sat at the very back, tied up and along for the ride. "What else did you expect us to do? We need to bring you along with us and you're being a total pain in the behind," Ban sighed. "This is so annoyinggg!!" I groaned.

"Escanor, how much longer 'til we get there?" Ban asked with a sigh. "About fifteen minutes," he answered quietly. "Y/N, do you really not remember us at all?" King asked again, in disbelief. "I don't," I spat back. "You all took my memories away from me," I mumbled softly.

No one spoke after that. The painful silence was all there was. All of a sudden, I felt a tear run down my cheek. I bit my lip and sighed. "You all seem so familiar that it's painful, but at the same time- Zeldris does too," I mumbled.

Ban put his hand on my head and ruffled by hair with a small smile. "Don't spend too much time thinking about it, N/N. You're confused right now and that's okay. Even if you decide to call us enemies; we'll still be by your side to help ya'!"

I looked at the ground and grumbled. "Yeah, yeah. Whatever," I sighed. I was afraid to admit it, but I was thankful. I was told that they were enemies, but they were all so kind and familiar. Meanwhile; Zeldris, Gloxinia, and Drole were kind as well.

But there was this voice in the back of my head that made me want to scream. Hurt them. It always whispered. Kill them. It made me re-think everything. It made me desire for blood and I couldn't stop it.

Unconsciously, my eyes drifted to the markings on my arm. It was all because of my curse and I knew that, but I can't help but feel like I'm loosing myself slowly, loosing my sanity. If I wasn't careful, I may end up taking their lives.

.............

The maze was soon in sight. As soon as we entered the walls split and in thd blink of an eye, everyone was scattered. "Darn it, this is troublesome," I looked around to see Ban rubbing the back of his neck.

"Looks like its you and me, N/N," he smiled. He grabbed a small part of the rope securing my arms to guide me as we traveled. I didn't say anything to it. At this point, I felt numb. I had no idea what to do. I was overwhelmed by everyone. What was right? What was wrong?

"Wow! Even the palace chefs would be impressed! I'll have to bring this mystery chef back home," Arthur exclaimed. While I was lost in thought, Ban had messed with Arthur and Meliodas' food.

"No way! I'll be hiring them in the Boar Hat!" Meliodas argued. I stood beside Ban with a deadpan expression. "Well- I guess I could go back to the Boar Hat-" Ban mumbled.

Meliodas glanced over and smiled brightly. "Ban!" "Captain!" They both smiled and greeted eachother in their normal, rambunctious way. They had an arm wrestle which resulted in Ban winning.

"Remember Cap'n, it's all in speed and explosive force!" He beamed. Suddenly, Meliodas's voice became stern. "Tell me Ban, did you come here to get your wish granted?"

"Not at all. In fact, I just came to help Escanor with an alcohol delivery," Ban explained. Mel's eyes widened. "You were with Escanor? Is he here?" He asked. Ban nodded. "Yeah, Elaine and Y/N are here with me too," Ban glanced over at me and gave a sad smile.