Chapter 31

Y/N P.O.V

My eyes widened. "Why did you have to bring him into this?!" I cried out. "Because he is the one that means the most to us. You did well against our dead loved ones, but this is the one you fight to protect," their voice echoed out.

A scene slowly made itself out in front of me. Zeldris stood in the middle of a battle. Princess Margret/Ludociel, Escanor, Merlin, Gilthunder, and Howser were his enemies. Chandler and Cusack were suspended in the walls.

"This ends now!" Zeldris's voice echoed when suddenly the view in front of me changed again. Meliodas gripped Zeldris tightly, holding him in place as he whispered to him.

"You should know that Gelda is alive. When she awoke, she was prepared to take her life twelve years ago. So I did what I thought best and sealed her away. Y/N's curse can also be broken," Meliodas smirked slightly.

"All we have to do is remove the Demon blood that runs through her veins. Although, it is only a ritual that can only be done of someone with the power level of the Demon King or Grand Deity. Help me become the Demon King, and I'll lift her curse,"

My eyes widened. "Gelda's alive....?!" I muttered in utter shock. Slowly, the scene returned to the battle.

Zeldris battled furiously. All of them were being drawn in by Zel's power. He unleashed an attack. Merlin couldn't teleport fast enough and the attack would have succeeded if it wasn't for Escanor.

I gasped. "Escanor!" I called out. Suddenly I remembered, this was a test to prove my worth....I have to keep my feelings in check.

Escanor was firious when he saw that Merlin's shoulder had been cut and flew towards Zeldris in a fury. The ceiling began to crumble and fell to the ground with a thud.

Ludociel went in for the attack. At the last second, Gilthunder was brought in by Dark Nebula and braced Ludociel's attack.

Escanor began to summon his strength and took each step towards Zeldris with confidence. The ground under Estarossa burned with every step, leaving lava where rock once was.

Escanor raised his hand and allowed his magical power to gather. Flames danced around Escanor as his power grew.

Escanor brought his axe down, but Zeldris was able to repel it. Everyone gasped as Escanor threw his axe off to the side. My eyes widened in realization.

"Divine Sword Escanor!" Escanor turned his hand into a blade by coating it with flames and crashed against Dark Nebula.

"This is a war between the Demon Clan and Goddess Clan. Why do you interfer?!" Zeldris cried out.

"Everything I do...is for a friend." Escanor stated simply. "IMPOSSIBLE!? How could you consider that cold blooded Meliodas A FRIEND?! I DOUBT HE THINKS THE SAME OF YOU!"

As Zeldris finished, Escanor's power grew, breaking through Dark Nebula, giving Zeldris no option but to use his sword.