Chapter 29

Y/N P.O.V

It was a long and silent journey. We had conversations every now and then, but we had to stay focused.

Soon, ruins began to form in our line of sight. "Celestial ruins...." I muttered to no one in particular. "Look! It's Elizabeth!" King exclaimed.

"So this is what happens when the Commandments go berserk," Derieri commented.

"Elizabeth...is MINE!!" Estarossa growled.

A battle commenced. Suddenly, Estarossa began to yell as of he was in pain.

All of a sudden, a sharp pain went through my head.

"Who...is Estarossa?" I muttered. My head pounded harshly. It hurts.....

Suddenly, with a gasp, all of the dots connected.

"Mael!" I gasped, covering my mouth in shock. "Estarossa....never existed?" I mumbled, as if trying to convince myself.

"No way..." Sariel muttered.

"Are you...really?" Tarmiel spoke in shock again.

"Was I having a nightmare?" Mael muttered, holding his head in pain. Memories flashed through his mind of all his times with the other goddesses. I, myself, didn't speak to Mael very much.

Mael collapsed to the floor in pain, tears cascading down his face.

"I-I can still feel it....the feeling of killing all of my brethren, the people I burned alive! Who would do such a thing?!" Mael cried out.

"I did," I looked to the side and saw none other than Gowther. "Go ahead, break me," he walked forward slowly.

"Gowther! Don't be an idiot! This is reckless!" I cried out. "This is what I want," Gowther replied. My eyes widened. "You dummy!" Before I knew it, tears welled up in my eyes.

Mael lunged towards Gowther and began punching him, yelling all the things Gowther had done to him. He then punched him so hard, that Gowther was flung to the other half of the island.

"Gowther, no!" King cried, following. Mael stomped onto Gowther harshly. "I have one question: why? Why me, out of everyone?"

Gowther answered, but his answer didn't satisfy Mael. In fact, it angered him further, despite it being the truth. He stomped on the heart pendant we had given to Gowther.

When he realized that Gowther was a doll, he was furious. I glanced over at King and he appeared to feel the same as me. King looked furious. With no misery, he unleashed Gaurdian at Mael.

"Please King....stop it," Gowther looked up at King sadly. "I don't want to involve you in this," he pleaded. I flew over and crouched next to Gowther.

I placed my hands on his shoulders firmly. "You're our friend Gowther. I'll make it my buisness," I smiled. King added evidence to my answer.

"Law Four of the Seven Laws of the Seven Deadly Sins. "If a friend is in crisis, we must do everything we can to help," King stated.