Chapter 20

Y/N P.O.V🌸

My eyes fluttered open slowly. Zeldris was still sound asleep with his arms tightly wrapped around me. I nestled my head into his chest with a soft smile. My eyes were half lidded with a sleepy gaze.

I felt extremely tired for some reason and my face felt extremely hot. Slowly, I looked up at Zeldris to see his dark eyes. I smiled happily and wrapped my arms around his neck in a hug before pulling back and glancing. "Zeldris, about Meliodas-" I muttered softly.

"I don't mean to be a downer, but we're both aware of his curse. So what was the point in killing him?" I sorrowfully asked. Zeldris sat up and stood up from the bed.

"It was simply for the revenge," Zeldris explained coldly. I nodded. "Very well," I stood up and walked over to him and placed my hand on his shoulder. "I know that it was hard for you as well. I'll drop the subject. That was all I wanted to know," I walked towards the window and opened it to see the bright blue sky.

Suddenly, I sneezed. Right after, the demon markings began to burn. Subconsciously, I brought my hand up to my neck with a confused look. I leaned on the window sill and looked outside with a faint smile.

"I suppose that we should go and see everyone else," I smiled. Zeldris nodded and opened the door with me following behind him after I quickly scurried my shoes on.

We walked out into the main room where all the other Commandments await. "You've finally joined us brother," Estarossa smiled creepily. Zeldris crossed his arms and spoke. "We're off to Liones. While Meliodas is out of commission, we need to do as much as we can. Let's go,"

Nothing else had to be said before we all went off. I threw out my wings as everyone else summoned their dark wings. When we got to Liones, the battle had already begun as our group split up.

I glanced down at where I had spotted Ban. I knew that I had to tell him. "I'll be going with Derieri and Monspeet," I explained. Zeldris simply nodded, both of us knew that it was for the best. The other Commandments couldn't know that I had regained my memories.

As the three of us flew away, I glanced down at the small children that attempted to run away from the demons. Small fragments entered my mind of when Mika, Ace, Knox, Zander, Azure, and I ran away from the demons in Danafal.

(I'm changing it to where she remembered everything)

"Yo, keep yourself focused," Derieri spoke suddenly. All of a sudden, we flew down to where Estarossa and Escanor were previously fighting.

"It's Zeldris' Commandment," Monspeet answered simply. I made eye contact with Ban and smiled brightly. "Ban!" I exclaimed softly. "Listen to my advice, stop resisting and surrender. You don't stand a chance at winning under these circumstances," he added. "Right, Derieri?"

The spaced out girl spoke in a bored tone. "Bottom line, yes," a new voice suddenly appeared as a new figure walked forward, clad in armor. "You shouldn't underestimate humans. I'll kill you right here and now,"

"I'm sorry, but I can't let anyone be killed. If I interfere, don't be alarmed," I spoke abruptly. Ban sighed. "Denzel, I know you're tough, but you can't bluff those guys," he gazed at me with a curious look as he spoke.

"Please, Fox Sin Ban, look after the King and his daughters for me in my absence," the new knight, Denzel refused to listen to any of our warnings. The man behind him asked with eyes wide: "Sir Denzel! You really don't mean to go through with this?"

"I will. For the sake of future generations, this old man will gladly offer his life," he walked forward. "Was I mistaken, or did you say something about killing us?" Monspeet asked sarcastically. "I did," he slowly drew his sword and raised it to the sky.

"I'm sorry old man, but an old folk with a power level only the hair of a demons, defeating two of the Ten Commandments and a fallen goddess?" He laughed. "I'm not the one who's going to kill you three,"

My eyes widened once I realized what he intended to do. "Don't!-" I tried to call out to him, but he had already begun the chant and raised his sword. He drew his own blood and formed a circle around him. Within a single moment, a blinding light appeared over all of us.

I looked straight at the light with exasperated eyes. In that light, I could see the figure of Lady Nerobasta. When Denzel opened his eyes, they were void of anything but the goddess markings.

"I presume, that you're a member of the goddess race?" The man with Denzel earlier asked. "I'm ranked as a Divine Lance Corporal of the Goddess Race, Nerobasta. If I could've chosen, I would've liked a younger body,"

"What exactly do you want from me. I assume that you must have a reason for reviving me," Nerobasta spoke. "Y/N, you know her?" Monspeet casually asked. I nodded and crossed my arms.

"Yeah, that's Nerobasta. She's the worst one Denzel could've summoned to help them," I spat. Nerobasta turned to me. Immediately, her eyes widened. "Y/N, you're alive?" She asked.

"Y/N's here, livin' and breathin'!" I smirked, pointing to myself proudly. "You were cursed,"

When Nerobasta spoke, I was frozen for a split second. My playful demeanor was gone in an instant. "So you've already caught sight of it, my demon markings," I spoke harshly.

She nodded. "They're far into the transformation, there's no saving you," she sighed. My eyes widened. Ban looked towards me with his eyes wide. "What is she talking about-" he asked.

My own eyes were wide. "What...do you mean...? What transformation?" I asked. Nerobasta sadly shook her head. "The Grand Deities didn't just give you a curse to loose yourself and your very sanity and grace-"

"They did it knowing what happens when a goddess looses their grace. A goddess's grace is like their life. Without their grace, a goddess is not a goddess anymore and is punished by the gods-"

"You are a fallen goddess with barely any grace left in her and you use more grace than you have. Our magic power is our grace. You continue to use your magic power when you have no grace left, speeding up your curse. A goddess that has completely turned to the dark is punished-"

"-by death," Nerobasta finished solemnly.

...............

I don't think I have to say anything here-

I'll go start writing the next chapter to not keep y'all in agony-