Chapter 22

Y/N P.O.V

Meliodas suddenly glanced down and his expression wavered. "Your curse is so much worse now..." he mumbled. I nodded solemnly, looking up at him gloomily.

"It has," I sighed. "But!" I playfully flicked his nose. "Don't worry yourself! I've got everything taken care of! I promise!" I smiled brightly. Meliodas nodded and gave a thumbs up. "I trust you! Anyways, I should get going before everyone freaks out,"

"Sounds good!" Meliodas waved and was out the window in a second. I closed the window gently and sighed. "Sorry, Meliodas," my voice was barely above a whisper.

"That promise of mine, was full of empty words," I chuckled softly, running a hand through my H/C hair.

"My time's running out for me....Mel,"

I shook my head and smacked my cheeks, forcing a smile. "I need to go find Zeldris!" I ran out of the room and out into the throne room. "He's not here," I puffed out my cheeks. "He's so troublesome!" I groaned.

I ran outside to the outside of the castle. Below the stairs, Zeldris stood beneath the cloudy skies on the balcony. A gentle breeze blew. The scene truly was beautiful.

Beyond, green hills and a half burned down town layed. Okay- it wasn't the most beautiful, but it felt gentle.

"I can see it, the sight of you on the throne,"

"Please, we beg of you, let us aid you,"

I let out a soft sqeak and hid behind the wall closest to me. Zeldris turned around just as Chandler and Cusack bowed down in front of him. "That's Chandler and Cusack, but I thought that they were sealed away?" I mumbled.

"It's been a long time, Prince Zeldris," Cusack bowed on his knees and lowered his head respectfully. "So you two were able to escape?" Zeldris asked.

"Yes, but it wasn't easy. The higher the rank of demon, the harder it is to leave the seal," Cusack spoke again. "Although, it was because of you we were able to make it out. You weakened the seal, allowing us to get through," Chandler nodded. "True,"

"Please forgive us, but we happened to overhear your conversation with the Demon Kings as well as the tasks he gave you," Cusack explained.

My eyes widened slightly. "Tasks? Demon King, just what are you planning?" I grit my teeth in anger.

"Do allow Chandler and me to handle the Sins and those two traitors, the former kings of the Giant and Fairy race. We only wish to serve you,"

Zeldris nodded to show his acknowledgement before speaking. "You may rise," Cusack looked up with eyes slightly wide. "Now on your feet," Cusack did accordingly, revealing how tall the male was. Zeldris was just barely half his height.

"Thank you. With you two here, the void left by the other nine can be more than filled," Zeldris walked forward, having to look up at the pink haired male with a quite marvelous mustache.

"We are not worthy of such praise," Cusack cried. "A tearful reunion of master and disciple, eh? I couldn't be more envious," Chandler sighed rather loudly, crossing his arms, not hiding his jealousy.