8

(Chapter 8)The arrival

(Chapter 8)
The arrival

~*~
Author POV

Location: Batia

Jimin lifted the heavy bag of flour, it was near bursting at its seams. He had been tasked with making delicate pastries and cakes for the first feast tonight.

He was making some Charlottes. A delicate dessert made with ladyfinger biscuits and Jimin had a made a raspberry cream filling and some chocolate to pour on top.

He was also making breakfast scones and chocolate dipped eclairs. He had also been tasked with making the icing for the large center piece cake that Claeg was making.

"You almost done with that icing Jimin?" Claeg called out to him from his private baking room. It is where he studies and come up with new recipes and ideas.

"Almost sir. I will be through in a minute" Jimin responded, raising his voice so that his boss could hear him.

The advantage of living in Batia was that it was permanently mid day. They had no sunrises or sunsets. Nor did they have the dark nights of Norus. Jimin had always wondered what it would be like to be permanently living in the dark all the time. It made him shudder to think of such a thing.

He thrived in the daylight of his kingdom.

They were bordered with Aureathen and Crouris. The kingdom of Winter and Spring. They often shipped out crops to Aureathen as they struggled to grow anything in their harsh environment.

Jimin always got sick during winters in Batia but to be permanently surrounded by the cold didn't exactly appeal to him. But the idea of Crouris did appeal, a kingdom entirely stuck in the season of spring. Warm and comfortable. But the idea that the sun could still go away scared him.

It was extremely rare that anyone moved to different kingdoms. All the kingdoms of Divisus were just as the name unified land suggested, divided. They were so unique and different from one another that it was hard to transition between them.

They had all grown up in the extremes of their kingdoms that they couldn't imagine a life without that extreme.

He picked up the heavily filled bowl of icing and carried it to his boss's work room. The man barely looked up at him, merely gestured to an empty piece of bench. Jimin put the bowl down and left the room as silently as possible.

~*~

"Did you hear they have started to arrive?" A customer mentioned to Jimin as they bought a bag of freshly baked buns.

"Really are they all a different as they are described?" Jimin asked eagerly.

The fighting of the kingdoms had ceased a few year before he was born. Around the birthday of Prince Jin of Voucaea. He was the first prince to be born to their world of peace. The other princes followed swiftly behind. If Jimin remembered correctly he was born the same year as the prince of Aureathen.

The day of Pax had come before. Though Jimin hadn't been interested to see them. Plus he had still been living on the streets at the age of 13. He had lived on the outskirts. Though he may have pickpocketed a few of them, Jimin couldn't be sure though.

"Oh yes. Those Aureathen and Crouris kingdoms have arrived. The Aureys look so pale. Never seen so many blonds in one place." The woman exclaimed.

"Jimin" Claeg called out to him.

"Thank you for coming." Jimin bowed and smiled to the customer as she waved and left the shop.

"Yes sir?" Jimin replied.

"If you have finished your duties. You may close shop and head down to the parade." Claeg smiled.

"I have sir" Jimin nodded.

"Well close the shop. Then go have some fun. I have left your allowance in the entrance to the kitchen. Go buy yourself something. Enjoy yourself." Claeg headed back into his work room.

Jimin eagerly closed up shop, changing out of his flour covered apron. Placing it on his hook and grabbing the small leather skin pouch of money, tying it to his belt he headed out. Shouting a quick 'bye' to Claeg, though he got no response.

He rushed down to the kingdom's gates to see the parade.

~*~

It was teaming with people coming to see the entrance of these strange foreign people. Jimin watched in wonder as these unique people walked into the kingdom.

He could see the Norusians. Their jewellery glittering in the midday sun. They were wearing black clothing, Jimin frowned in sympathy, they were going to heat up so fast in Batia's sun. Though their dark hair and pale eyes, Jimin couldn't tell, but the stories always say they have pale eyes. But in his defense they were wearing sun defending glasses. Their contrasting features intrigued Jimin.

His eyes shifted to the people from Rikelux, with their bright red hair and autumn leaved colour clothing. They looked beautiful.

Kador came next. They were in summery clothing. Which was probably the more appropriate clothing for the sunny weather. Their clothing was billowy and seemed to flow like waves around them. Jimin was instantly captivated.

Jimin had seen people from Crouris before. They sometimes came to trade inside the kingdom's walls. So their deep and light green tunics barely phased Jimin.

The people of Aureathen were still covered from head to toe in thick leather and fur clothing. Though they had pulled down their hoods and face coverings. They were all bright or pale blonde. The customer had been right, Jimin hadn't seen so many blonde people before.

Voucaea came next, they wore similar flowing outfits like Kador. Though their clothing was made of pinks, purples, blues and oranges. That was reflected in their pastel hair colours as well.

All in all, the books Jimin had read hadn't done the people of these different kingdoms justice. They all exceeded Jimin's expectations. He stood with the crowd, enraptured by these foreign people, though he wondered who among them were the royalty, or whether they had even arrived yet at all.

All Jimin knew was that he was going to try and at least make some friends in these kingdoms. The change to learn about them was too tempting not to.

~*~

So they have arrived.

Did you like it?

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,
Winter