26

(Chapter 26)Sunshine springs

(Chapter 26)
Sunshine springs

~*~
Author POV

Location: Batia

They managed to find a comfortable spot under a shady birch tree. With the time of year being the equivalent of spring entering summer it was a comfortable temperature.

Jimin slipped off his scuffed knee high boots and rolled up the cuffs of his trousers till they were above his knees. Taking a seat at the lake edge he dipped his feet into the pleasantly warm pool of water. Since the area was a natural hot spring the lake was always a warm temperature throughout the year.

It was definitely worth visiting in the winter season.

"The water is warm?" Namjoon looked confused by that, dipping his hand in to check the temperature.

Jin shot him a puzzled look and he too reach over to dip his hand into the warm spring water.

"How is that possible?" Namjoon looked to Jimin, eager to acquire new knowledge.

"There is a hot spring under the lake bed, it stores up heat and releases it slowly through the cracks in the rock. It heats the water up, here feel" he grabbed Namjoon's hand and directed it over one of the cracks. Namjoon's eyes widened in surprise.

"It makes it a popular place to come and bathe, especially in the winter months when some can't afford to heat water in their homes." Jimin sounded mournful as he spoke.

"Well I think it is amazing" Jin decided.

Namjoon needed no less encouraging, he stripped off the outer layers of his clothing including his pallium, that he folded neatly and carefully. Palliums being one of the most important things to Kadorians, all their palliums were handled with the gentlest care.

He gracefully stepped into the shallow water but then immediately stumbled on the uneven ground, crashing into the water like a graceless swan. His long hair sticking to his face as he re emerged, gasping in shock. Clearly he hadn't expected to go over head first into the water.

Jimin smiled holding in his laughter, but Jin wasn't able to hide his, Namjoon raised an unimpressed eyebrow at the older prince when he eventually pulled off the wet hair clinging to his face.

"Is the water nice?" Jimin said his lips quirking up, trying not to laugh at the previously composed prince.

"Yeah" Namjoon didn't seem to mind being drenched, instead he leant back to float on his back, his long hair having come out of the braids, now flowing around his hair like a halo.