31

(Chapter 31)A cruel King

(Chapter 31)
A cruel King

~*~
Author POV

Location: Batia

"Teivel what do you have to report?" Inquired a man lounging upon a gold embellished throne.

"Father" a deep bow "I have recently discovered that the foreign princes have taken interest in a Batian boy. They seem to take all their time off visiting him" The young man stated.

"And what is the identity of this boy?" The man inquired.

"Jimin Park, he is the apprentice of Claeg the Baker who provides for all our banquets" the young man divulged.

"And would you say the Prince of Aureathen is enamoured with this Jimin?" The man inquired.

"I would yes" the young man confirmed.

"I want you to send out an invite to Claeg, I wish to dine with him" The young man was dismissed with a flick of a bejeweled wrist.

"Yes father" he turned and left through the gold gilded doors.

The invite was sent out that evening by the fastest royal messenger, not that it was needed the bakery only lay around 40 minutes from the Royal Palace.

~*~

"Are you aright?" Jimin asked as Claeg paused in kneading the dough for the morning buns again.

"I have alot on my mind" Claeg stated.

"I can listen for you" Jimin offered.

They were alone, as they were every Wednesday, the other staff didn't work that day, not many customers came directly in the middle of the week.

"I received an invitation to dine with the King at the Palace." Claeg revealed.

"Dine with the King?" Jimin looked both shocked and confused all in one.

"Jimin you know I am of the noble class, a 3rd born son, hence why I'm allowed to do my work here." Claeg divulged.

"Yes, you've mentioned it before" Jimin nodded, confirming his statement.

"I was allies of sorts with the King when we were younger, we took classes together. But I wouldn't call us friends. Dining with him used to be a formality" Claeg continued to knead the dough as he spoke.