16

(Chapter 16)A bead and a hope

(Chapter 16)
A bead and a hope

~*~
Author POV

Location: Batia

Jimin choked on air. This was the 4th prince he had met in one day. And here he was casually sitting in a corridor, a blanket over his head with the Prince of Norus. Not a situation he ever thought he would be in.

"You ok there? You look a moment away from a breakdown" Yoongi dug into the food that Jimin had brought him.

"Yeah I'm good." Jimin said, though it sounded more like a question, even he could tell that.

Jimin was thankful that it was dark so Yoongi couldn't see the blush on his face.

"You're blushing, you sure you're ok?" Yoongi's face scrunched up in concern, his brow furrowing.

Of course Yoongi could see his blush, his eyes were perfectly adapted to the night. Eyes able to see in colour in pitch black, whereas Jimin's world became black, white and grey.

"Just didn't expect to meet a prince like this" Jimin gestured to the blanket.

"Mmm, yeah it is kind of unconventional." Yoongi agreed.

"You speak very good Batian" Jimin blurted out, some of the others he had met they didn't seem as fluent.

"Thanks, glad to hear that. When you have no one to practise with other than a book, you do have to worry if you are pronouncing words correctly." Yoongi sighed.

"You like to read?" Jimin asked intrigued.

"Yeah, not much else to do in Norus. We mine alot, but my parents are happy ruling and they don't really enforce many lessons for me. So I am mostly free to do what I like throughout the days, I mostly read or play the piano. How about you, what do you do?" Yoongi asked, leaning back slightly, the blanket making his hair static so it stuck up on end at points.

"I'm a Baker. I help my owner making the produce in the shop. But I guess I like to read in my spare time. There is a travelling book shop owner who sets up a stall every spring. They always bring such wonderful books from all the kingdoms. I save up every year so that I can buy one or two books to start the next year." Jimin admitted.

Yoongi's head tilted back as Jimin spoke, eyes fluttering closed. Imagining running in excitement to the stall to see the new books, did Jimin own any Norusian book? It made Yoongi intrigued.