45

(Chapter 45)Sunrise

(Chapter 45)
Sunrise

~*~

Author POV

Location: Crouris

Jimin was once again upon a horse that was travelling in the pack. That morning the group had decided to split up, each heading back to their kingdoms to warn them of the incoming war. But Jimin's concern remain with the group staying safe, with his people in Batia and finally with Rikelux that was currently under attack from Batian soldiers. Clearly that thought was weighing on Jungkook's mind as well as he had volunteered to go back to his own kingdom to support them. 

Jimin was heading with Jin to his kingdom, currently he was seated behind Jin on his horse. They were racing through the land at a quick pace that had Jimin clutching onto Jin for fear he would fall off the back of the horse.

But the skill and ease that Jin rode the horse eased his concerns, but soon the horse was slowing down into a gentle pace. Jimin's breath caught when he saw the rippling barrier that separated Voucaea and Crouris.

The strange thing that Jimin had learnt about the barriers since he had crossed so many in the past few days. Was that they were like water, rippling and glistening, they felt like water too when you passed through them. Temporarily making you feel like your drowning in the ancient magic that had been lost for centuries, no manuscripts or traces left behind beside the barriers between the never changing kingdoms. 

"We will pass through the border, take a boat. You can rest then" Jin informed the small group that had split off from the rest, they were all from Voucaea, Jimin being the only Batian amongst them.

There were murmurs of agreement amongst the group as they began to pass through the border one by one. 

"Ready?" Jin practically whispered the words to Jimin as they slipped from the back of the horse.

Jimin landed on his feet beside Jin, giving him a definite nod.

Once the horses had been stripped of the loads they were carrying, they were released. They knew their way back to the capital from their location, so they had no fear they would return to the correct place. 

Jin offered out his hand to Jimin, feeling the smaller man slip his hand into the palm of his hand. They walked at a gentle pace, legs still feeling slightly numb from riding the horse at such a rapid pace without significant rest, and for several hours at that.

Jimin couldn't help but find himself holding his breath as they reached the barrier, Jin found himself smiling at the action, it was rather endearing. Together they walked through the water like barrier, feeling the magic wash over them and part around them as they passed through. 

~*~

Location: Voucaea

Jimin blinked several times, not expecting the dramatic change in light. 

For before him was a rising sun, forever caught in the position of rising. It spilt light everywhere, in gorgeous pinks, oranges, highlighting everything it touched. When Jimin turned to look up at Jin, whos hand he was still clutching. The Voucaean prince was smiling widely, Jimin could see the tears glistening in his eyes, he was happy to be home.

In the dawn light the people of Voucaea seemed to almost glow, well Jin certainly did. The light catching on his pastel pink hair, highlighting strands, making him look angelic if you were to ask for Jimin's opinion. 

Jin had been right about Voucaea it was a kingdom of lakes and rivers, for a few steps away from where they were standing was a river, it was wide enough that Jimin could barely see the other side. 

"Come on we need to get on the boats, then you can rest till we get to the capital, Ortus" Jin pulled Jimin down the slope by their still conjoined hands. Jimin readily followed, noticing that Jin had slowed his pace to match his own.

They boarded the boats that had been set up for them. Jin had sent a messenger ahead to inform his parents that they were heading home when they were leaving Rikelux, that way they could prepare for the return of the prince.

Jimin had never been on a boat before, Batia didn't really have a use for them. They could grow all they needed and fish from the sea, only a few would ever head out into the open sea to catch fish, Jimin had personally never seen the sea.

So as he stepped aboard he found himself unstable on his feet, Jin was quick to catch him before he fell. The Voucaeans seemed to move around with ease, not bothered or affected by the unevenness of the deck. But then again they practically lived on boats, and used them to travel around everywhere, so they were used to it. 

"Come on you should get inside, sleep it is going to be a long trip" Jin guided him to the doors that clearly led to rooms beneath the boat's deck. Jimin followed after him, he was right, there was a sleeping area beneath the deck.

Jin helped him up into a hammock.

"Stay here, I'll come get you when we are close to the capital, it is a spectacular view you won't want to miss" Jin's smile was easy to return.

 Jimin found himself falling asleep almost instantly, clearly his body was exhausted from all of the travelling and uneasiness he had been through the past few days. He really need the rest and recuperation. 

With the gentle rocking of the hammock in the boat, it set a comfortable rhythm that had Jimin sleeping like the dead. 

~*~

True to his word Jin came to get Jimin when they neared the capital.

"How long have I been asleep?" Jimin wiped the sleep from his eyes, feeling extremely groggy, like his mind hadn't completely awoken yet. 

"About 6 hours, you were so deep in sleep it took a while to wake you" Jin confessed. Helping Jimin out of the hammock, catching him at his waist when the Batian stumbled forgetting the rocking motion of the boat momentarily in his sleepiness. 

"Come on I want to show you the capital" Jin tugged at the smaller man's hand, together they emerged from the sleeping area of the ship and out onto the deck, where the half way sun greeted them.

Jimin blinked at the light, but the view was worth it. 

"Welcome to Ortus" 

~*~

So we have arrived in Voucaea and the others have headed back to their kingdoms to prepare for the war. 

Fun fact:

Voucaea's capital is built on stilts that are embedded into the river bed. They have walk ways between them using a light wood that can only be found growing in the rivers of Voucaea, it is very durable so doesn't wear down easily.

I hope you all liked the chapter.

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,
Winter