46

(Chapter 46)A city of sunrise

(Chapter 46)
A city of sunrise

~*~
Author POV

Location: Voucaea

Ortus was a beautiful capital, Jimin was mesmerised by the the way the sun permanently remained. The light reflecting on the water city occasionally created small rainbows Jimin found that he could watch them for hours. 

He was currently staying with Jin's family in their villa type castle. It was at the heart of the city, their people thriving around them. The strangest difference for Jimin was the clothing that the Voucaean people wore. Unlike Batia whose clothes were tunics cropped at mid thigh and trousers that were often tucked into ankle height boots, the Voucaeans wore long floating outfits, almost like they were embodying the water they lived upon.

With long robes that reached their ankles usually with intricate designs, most of them had the sun incorporated into the design. Beneath the robe they wore tunics that were made of a unique cotton like material, according to Jin it was a plant only found in Voucaea they had tried to pass it to the Crourisians years ago but the plant could not thrive as it did in Voucaea. 

Jimin was currently wearing one of these outfits so he would blend in more, but with his distinctly dark hair compared to the pastel blues, pinks and purples that were common of the Voucaean people there was only so much he could do.

He remembered when he had first put on the outfit and the flush that had come to Jin's cheeks was nothing short of delightful. But in turn it had made Jimin flustered, so much that he had turned to flee and fallen into one of the canals connecting the city. To say he was embarrassed when they had to fish him out of the water was enough for him to hide for a day. 

Thankfully he had gotten over his embarrassment to come and eat, Voucaea placed an important role on family, and at the end of everyday families would share a meal. Jungkook, Yoongi, Taehyung and Namjoon were the only ones to come with them, Hoseok had decided to remain in his home kingdom of Crouris, a desire to see his family and share the news of Rikelux being invaded.  

So the other princes and Jimin were sitting at Jin's table, sharing their meal with his family. Quite a few dishes were made with fish and vegetables grown in the water city. They were unlike anything Jimin had ever eaten, his diet before travelling so much consisted of bread, pastries and anything Claeg baked or could be bothered to make after a long day in the bakery. He missed the small cosy comfort of home, the house that was never cold due to the furnaces below still cooling after a long day of use. The man who he saw as a father, the ache of his loss was still deep-seated into his chest, not something he would lose anytime soon. 

Jin handed him a piece of fish wrapped in river weed and dipped in a home made sauce that Jimin had discovered he liked on the first evening of his arrival into the city. He had noticed that Jimin had drifted into his mind, unresponsive when he was called upon, the Batian took the small roll, offering a small smile of thanks before tucking back into the spread off food before him.