10

(Chapter 10)My first friend

(Chapter 10)
My first friend

~*~
Author POV

Location: Batia

"You're right, they do taste good Jimin of Batia" Taehyung wiped at the crumbs around his mouth with his thumb, smiling at Jimin.

"Thank you" Jimin blushed under the handsome prince's gaze.

"Will you accompany me?" Taehyung inquired.

"Ah yes, we should be getting to the hall" Jimin remembered the task at hand.

Taehyung walked beside him, they did so in silence.

~*~

"The hall is just in here" Jimin felt embarrassed that he was making a prince enter through the servant doors. He was supposed to walk through the doors made for nobles and royalty.

But Taehyung didn't notice, or seem to mind. He just followed Jimin's lead, like a loyal puppy.

"Thank you Jimin of Batia" Taehyung bowed, that had Jimin flushing. A prince shouldn't bow to a commoner. Jimin bowed back lower, subconsciously trying to make himself lower than the Prince, as it should be.

"There you are Jimin, did you lose your way. You should know the way to the kitchen and back, you've been doing it all morning" Claeg scolded him.

Jimin bowed his head.

"Sorry sir-" but before Jimin could come up with an apology.

"Jimin of Batia has no need to explain himself" Jimin looked to Taehyung as did Claeg.

Claeg looked at the stranger with confusion.

"I am Prince Taehyung of Aureathen. I asked Jimin of Batia to accompany me. His reason for lateness is my fault entirely. Though he still completed the task you required of him. So he deserves no harsh words no punishment" Taehyung declared, his tone firm. It was the tone of a King.

The servants hearing Taehyung's title bowed immediately. Jimin went to bow too. Taehyung held out a hand almost touching his chest, it was a hair width away, Jimin could feel the heat radiating from him.

"You do not bow to me Jimin of Batia. Friends have no need to bow to one another" Taehyung stated.

Huh, since when had they become friends Jimin wondered. Taehyung didn't lower his hand, Jimin wondered what would happen if he lent forward to have the icy blonde's hand against his chest. How would he react? Jimin didn't try to find out.