33

(Chapter 33)A will and an accusation

(Chapter 33)
A will and an accusation

~*~
Author POV

Location: Batia

Jimin hadn't stopped sobbing, his heart felt too tight in his chest, they had taken Claeg's body away as quickly as possible, not wanting to disrupt the street further.

Jimin had followed them, his eyes screwed up, but through his blurry vision he saw something sparkle in the sun beneath a stall.

When he knelt down he noticed it was a knife, he reached out and took it into hand, the hand was sleek bone. The blade was drenched in blood, he looked to it in horror, this was the item that took his mentor's life.

The guard turned to look at him, noticed he had stopped, Jimin hid the knife, fiddling with his boot, he slipped in the knife into it. He wanted to find the murderer himself.

Unaware that he had taken the framed evidence, the King's vision and desire and hidden it in his own boot.

~*~

"Cleag left a will, you are included in it" the officiator revealed after the funeral has been conducted.

The burial had been quick, the King apparently having a hand in it. The plaque was inscribed with gold, curtesy of the King dedicating a memorial to his friend.

Jimin looked to him with tear stained cheeks, eyes red rimmed and underplayed with purple bags. Exhausted and grieving.

"The bakery was left in your name, and a small sum of money was gifted to each employee including you. You're entitled to the apartment above the bakery as well, I'm aware you already live here. Sign your name here to confirm that you accept the wills terms" the officiator pointed to a line offering him a quill covered in ink.

Jimin's eyes scanned the paper carefully, he could read Batian, well enough to under most of the words. He signed the document. Happy he wasn't being fooled.

Once he was alone, he said his farewell to Claeg, pressing his forehead to the plaque, tears staining his eyes.

~*~

The Princes came along later the next day, the bakery was closed for the day, it would be for another 3 days. Giving the employees time to grieve and recover from the loss of a friend, a mentor and a father.

"Jimin?" Namjoon's voice echoed through the bakery.

Jimin was in the back, he was baking all of the foods that brought him comfort. The first thing Claeg taught him to bake and so on.