coffee shop

jennie

i push open the door and walk inside, my eyes immediately roaming around and feeling relieved when she's nowhere to be found. great. i came before her that means i still have time to do my homework. i smile and head towards my usual seat. i sat down and instantly smile when i saw who's approaching me.

the old lady smiled warmly at me when she recognized me. how can she not when i always come here? visiting their café twice a week had been my routine for months now.

"goodmorning jennie. i assume you're ordering your usual?" she gave me a teasing smile. i giggle softly and nod my head.

"yes please. and goodmorning to you too." i flashed my polite smile towards her. chuckling, she excused herself to prepare my caramel machiatto and cheesecake, not bothering to write down my order.

once she left, i grab my bag and pull out my laptop. as i wait for the device to come to life, i look outside, checking if there's any sign of her. when i can't see any blonde in sight, i return my attention on my laptop. if she'll arrive in her usual time then i still have 30 minutes to finish my homework.

when my laptop finally opened, i quickly start without wasting any minute. the nice old lady brought my coffee and food while i'm on the middle of working so i paused to give her a quick thank you.

my attention was deep on the task i was doing when i suddenly hear the bell on top of the door dings. i absentmindedly look up and immediately froze when I saw her. my eyes went wide and my heart beats rapidly inside my chest.

what the hell? she's too early! she glided inside the café while rummaging something on her bag. sliding my eyes over her, she have her usual outfit. a checkered longsleeves, tattered jeans and sneakers. her camera bag is not missing, hanging on her right shoulder. her blonde hair is kinda messy and when i saw her struggling to tame her cute bangs, i giggle silently on my seat. she's always worried about her bangs and i find it really cute. i quickly look down on my laptop when i notice her head start to lift.

i cleared my throat and pretend to focus on my laptop. from the corner of my eyes, i saw her sat two tables across from me, that's her usual seat. i took a peek at her and saw the old lady walking towards her. my ears picked up her deep voice and i dreamily sigh when i heard it.

gosh, i really had it bad for her. we never really talk but she entice me with her looks and also her passion with photography. i never saw her without her camera.

i'm not gonna talk about how i met her because it's gonna take me probably 2 chapters with all the details of my first impression of her.

to make it short, she easily caught my attention, with all her doll-like features and mysterious personality and next thing i know i found myself getting more interested about her. within two months, i keep coming back here just to get a glimpse of her and to admire her from afar.

i wonder if she notices me too. my looks can be describe as pretty and to be honest i'm quite famous with the guys in our school. i lift my gaze back at her, not even surprised to see her attention being occupied by her camera. i let out a lonely sigh as i stared at her beautiful face.

when will you ever notice me?

i don't even know her name for god's sake. my musings got cut off when she suddenly look up, her brown orbs meeting my eyes. i took a sharp intake of breath, something on my stomach somersaulting almost immediately.

oh my god! she caught me staring at her! i simply look down and act like nothing happened. but the truth is, i felt like i'm about to pass out as i felt my cheeks heating.