quarantine

lisa

i skipped down the stairs and jump on the last step before heading towards the living room.

"what do you mean we can't go out?"

i asked my assistant over my bluetooth earpiece. i was all dressed and ready to go to work but yeji told me about an order that came from the president of the country about a lockdown and quarantine. i didn't believe her of course so i went to check it myself.

i grab the remote and press a button so our large flat screen tv will emerge from the wall. i continuously press the button until i find the news channel. and true to yeji's word, it was all over the news. the president issued a lockdown because of the virus that's currently spreading all over the world.

"there is no definite date when it will be lifted but for now, everyone is advice to stay at ho—" annoyed, i shut the tv off and toss the remote somewhere.

"fuck." i muttered in frustration. i heard about the virus but i didn't knew it was that serious now.

"just send me updates on my email." i end the call and rake my fingers through my hair in frustration.

why would this quarantine thing happened just when we're in the middle of planning for expansion?

what a fucking timing. i'm scheduled to check the site next week but how the hell can i do that now? great. just fucking great. my father would surely understand but i don't want my brother to find holes that can ruin this all for me.

coffee. i need a fucking coffee. my hand went towards my shirt, unbuttoning the first three buttons as i made my way towards the kitchen.

"hmm yes baby. are you having fun there?" i paused and lift my head towards the direction of the voice.

i saw jennie descending the stairs, dressed like she's about to go out. she had her phone pressed on the side of her ear. she stopped in the middle of the stairs when her eyes met mine, her eyebrows automatically drawing close at the sight of me.

with her phone slightly away from her ear, she asked, "why are you still here?" she sounds like she's genuinely curious. i sigh and rolled my eyes.

"why don't you watch the news?" i hissed before continuing my agenda to make coffee. a few seconds later i can hear the sound of a reporter.

i pour my freshly brewed coffee on a mug and took a seat on the stool. i sip on my coffee while my thumb scroll through my emails. jennie entered the kitchen and stand infront of the marble table across from me.

"it was so sudden i'm sorry if i would've known.. no maybe i can go get her later..." i look at her and saw worry painted on her face. i put my mug and phone down when i realize i haven't seen the little one yet.

"there's no specific date when it'll end." jennie massaged the side of her head while listening on the other person.

"okay. i'll talk to you later. bye love you."

"where's ella?" i asked as soon as she lowered her phone.

"she's with her aunts, jisoo and rosie." she replied without looking up. i frowned.

"what? how are you suppose to get her back now? you just heard the news." i exclaimed, gesturing towards the direction of the tv.

"well i'm sorry if i don't have the power to predict the future." she answered, her tone dripping with sarcasm. my jaw clench.

"why the fuck did you even bring her there? you know i don't like it when you let her have sleepover at others house." she shot me an icy glare.

"it's not like rosie and jisoo are stranger. and since when did you care about ella's well-being? stop acting like her mother now when you can't even spare a day to be with her." she snapped and then left.