i don't like it

jennie

i felt something vibrating that suddenly woke me up from my nap. my eyes fluttered open and the first thing i see is some funny looking guy making weird faces on the tv screen. and then i realize the vibrations came from the person laughing quietly next to me. and that's when i start to remember what's happening and where i am. i slowly lift my head away from the shoulder of the person i was leaning my head to.

"hey, sorry did i wake you up?" he asked with an apologetic expression. i gave him a small smile while shaking my head.

"no. sorry i dozed off in the middle of the movie."

"it's okay. i know you're tired. it's your comeback week and you're doing a lot of promotions. trust me i understand." he flash a soft smile towards me. perks of dating a person who's in the same industry you work in.

kai is handsome, talented and a very nice man so when he asked me out, i didn't hesitate to give him a chance. we've just been going out for 2 months when our relationship had been exposed to the public. while many are ecstatic and supportive with the news, it can't be avoidable that we also received a lot of hate and backlash. our management decided to call it off because it's affecting both our careers and members.

and then we bumped into each other again in a party that one of our mutual friend organized a month ago. kai ask me for another chance that day. eventhough we've only been together for 2 months last year, i really enjoyed his company. i want to get to know him better without anyone watching our every move so we agreed to keep it hidden from our agencies.

he stood from the couch and look down at me. "are you hungry?" i stared at kai. he's been nothing but thoughtful and sweet to me but i don't know, there's a part in me that felt like something's missing.

"let me just order food for dinner. you can continue your nap while we wait." i nod and give him a smile then watch him walk away.

the exact moment kai disappear from my sight, i heard my phone chimed for a notification. grabbing my chanel purse, i quickly pull my phone out and unlock it.

roses_are_rosie is live now

wow. she still have the energy to do an instagram live huh. if kai and i have no plans, i would've been on my bed right now, sound asleep. but kai and i want to get every chance we can to meet despite our busy schedule.

i tap the notification to go directly to rosie's live. she's leaning her head on a couch while talking about our inkigayo show awhile ago. my brows furrowed when i notice the familiar wall behind her. it looks exactly like the wall from our dorm but i'm sure she's not there. to confirm it, i heard lisa's voice on the background.

"lisa come here and greet our blinks." rosie exclaimed and seconds later, lisa appeared beside her while smiling brightly.

"hi blinks. how are you? rosie's here with me because she's gonna cook for me." she explained and started to tease rosie, calling her chef and the latter pouting in return. i unconsciously clutch my phone hard. i swallow the lump on my throat before exiting rosie's live. i locked my phone and lean my head on the couch.

i don't know if i did something i'm not aware of but lisa's been ignoring me these past few weeks. she think i won't notice it but she doesn't know she was very obvious with the way she acts around me.

everytime i talk to her she would just answer me shortly and then make excuses to leave. even in our encores. i tried having an interaction with her but the moment i'll approach her, she'll turn to either jisoo or rosie, depending on who's beside her that's not me. and then she'll act silly with them. she never throw me a glance, always clinging to the other members except me. it's frustrating the hell out of me because i was trying hard to the point that i look like an idiot catching her attention but being ignored in exchanged.