try

lisa

"where's the iced tea? and the— rosie! don't eat all the popcorn we haven't even started yet!"

i heard jisoo's voice boomed and witness rosie's hand being suspended in mid-air as i step in our living room. rosie pout and slowly put the bowl of popcorn on the glass table, staring at it longingly while jisoo's gaze is watching her carefully.

i place the pitcher of iced tea on top of the table and slump my ass on the couch beside rosie. my hand reach for the bowl of popcorn but a not so gentle swat stop me.

"unnie!" i complained at jisoo while caressing my poor hand.

"you think you're an exemption?" she rolled her eyes.

"where's jendeuk?" looking around, she yell once again. "jennie, get your ass in here! it's about to start."

"what's with unnie? she's been yelling since this morning," rosie mumbled near my ears. i leaned closer to whisper.

"symptoms for menopau— aww!"

"what was that?" i was quick to show jisoo my sweet smile when i saw her glaring, suppressing a wince when i felt the pain on my head where she hit me.

"nothing unnie. i was just saying that you should stop yelling because we don't want our lead vocalist' voice to be damage."

thank god jennie came sauntering in the room seconds later.

"what's gotten in your ass? your voice is so loud." jennie's stated with her creased brows.

"nothing. let's just watch."

and it was my cue to get nervous. i cleared my throat, my palms sweating.

"uhm. are you really sure you'll watch?" i ask and watch them simultaneously look in my direction. i squirm in my seat.

"of course. we've been busy these past weeks and missed some episodes already. this is the perfect time to watch it seeing as we're all here." jennie squeeze herself between rosie and me in the couch so i scooted to give her space. she place her right leg on top of my left and look directly in my eyes.

"why? is there a problem?" she furrowed her brows so i instantly shook my head to say no.

fact: you can never disagree to jennie most especially when her feline eyes is trained on you. the truth is, i'm really nervous.

"i'm really excited to watch what you've been working on these months lis." rosie smiled brightly at me. i give her one of mine.

"okay then. let's watch."

i sat back and tried to relax as the program starts. this is my first huge gig and the fact that i'm on my own without my members is really hard to adjust to. i'm so used to having them guiding me whenever we're recording reality and variety shows.

i'm also nervous to know about their opinions. i know i tried my best on the show, sharing what i know and helping the trainees to improve. there are times i came out to be strict because there are trainees that are slacking. i have to because if they don't take it seriously then they can say goodbye to their dream.

it isn't enough that you have a dream, or you have a talent. you need perseverance and patience. you have to work hard for it. i wouldn't be what i am now, if i didn't pushed myself to do best.

"that esther girl is so funny." jisoo exclaimed. my eyes went back to the screen and saw the episode where I'm guiding one trainee because she couldn't keep up with the steps and esther pretended that she can't follow so I'll teach her too.

"isn't she the same girl who wanted to switch places with another mentor so she can sit beside lisa?" jennie asked with a furrowed brows.

"yes unnie." rosie answered.

"she wants you to touch her lis." jisoo burst out laughing. and rosie laugh too. jennie remained silent but she put her hand on top of mine. my heart pounded fast against my chest. and my face flushed more when the scene about me being a strict mentor came.

"ohh very strict." jisoo teased.

"omg i would've been afraid, too. you look scary lisa." rosie commented and i just laugh shyly.

i'm really embarrass with this scene. i didn't even think i can be this strict. i've always been a perfectionist and being given a huge responsibility to mentor future idols really brought it out from me.

i look at jennie to gauge her reaction but found her staring at the screen while biting her lip.

"what do you think?" i ask her quietly just for her to hear. she turned her head to me. i felt her fingers slipping against mine and i gulp.

"i think you look hot." i caught my breath at her confession.

after we watched the last episode we decided to call it a night. we fixed and cleaned our mess before walking towards our own rooms. i felt a tug on my hand so i shift my gaze at jennie to see her looking at me. "what's wrong?" i asked her. she glance at rosie and jisoo who's walking ahead of us before returning her eyes to me.

"stay with me tonight?" she requested, biting her lower lip while a blush coated her cheeks. i giggled at her cuteness. she always gets shy whenever she requests things like that. i drop a kiss on her forehead.

"okay."

as we settled on her bed, i instantly wrap my arms around jennie, her own arms snaking on my waist. i know she's still awake so i caress my hand on her hair to help her sleep.

"lili." she murmured. i hummed in response. it was silent for a few seconds which made me think that jennie's contemplating about what she wants to tell me.

"trainees really go crazy at you, huh?" she commented after awhile. my hand paused when i heard what she said. that was so random coming from jennie.

"you must be enjoying seeing them gushing at you." my lips formed into an amuse smile. is jennie perhaps jealous?

"where is this coming from?" i keep my voice light. jennie tightened her grip on my waist. i heard her sigh. "nothing."

"i'm just.." she trailed off.

"nevermind. let's just sleep." she said and attempt to move away from me but i didn't let her.

"what is it jennie? tell me." i move back a little so i can look at her in the eyes. but her gaze remained stubbornly on my chin.

"i'm just worried you'll find someone better. someone who'll give you everything in a flash." she said in a small voice, sounding vulnerable. i mentally gasp at her confession. she's been so honest and open to me today so i think carefully how will i approach this side of her.

jennie's aware of my feelings for her and she told me to give her time. i know she just said that to avoid rejecting me but lately jennie's showing signs that she's starting to like me back.

"why will i need to find someone better when i'm already inlove with the best?" i told her with a playful smile. her eyes lift towards mine. i gave her a tender look.

"you're my everything jennie." i uttered, staring at her feline eyes to tell her that what i'm telling her is the truth.

her expression softens with my words. she raise her hand and caress my cheek. i didn't expect what she did next. jennie tilt her head upwards and connect her lips with mine. my heart pounded crazily inside my chest. it was just a peck but i felt the effect of it in all parts of my body.

"i want to try this with you lisa." she murmured softly and those words were enough to put the brightest smile on my face.