miss bubbly

lisa

"putangina." napamura ako ng biglaang isara ni jisoo 'yung locker niya.

"dude noise please." i told her while clutching the side of my head, hoping the throbbing will stop.

my friend just chuckled at my state.
"you need to step up your drinking game, lis." pang-aasar niya, watching me suffer while sporting an amused smile. she didn't even look a bit messed up from last night's party.

"shut up. kasalanan 'to ni bambam." i reasoned out. that dude loves mixing drinks i won't even be surprised if one day i end up passed out from drinking his mixes.

she rolled her eyes at me. "huwag mo na kasi tanggapin drinks niya."

that's what i'm planning anyway.

a sudden laugh resonated on the hallway. puno ng studyante sa hallway, murmurs and different voices are everywhere but this person's laugh always catches attention.

i turn around to look at the owner of the laugh and found none other than jennie kim. my scowl is instant as i watch her talk and laugh with her friends. i can never understand this girl. she's always smiling and radiating happiness.

she's the type of student you call the 'perfect student'. her grades are straight A's. she joins different school clubs and from what i heard she always attend church stuff every week. but she never attends to parties. her life sounds boring but she always looks.. happy.

"why do you always have that expression everytime you gaze at jennie?" binaling ko kay jisoo ang mata ko.

"what expression?"

"like you hate her or something." jisoo wave her hand on my face to indicate what she's telling me.

"i just don't get her." sabi ko bago tingnan ulit si jennie. she has her hair on a ponytail today.

"her lifestyle is so dull."

"and?" jisoo prodded.

"pero ang saya saya niya tingnan lagi." jisoo probably thinks i sound weird right now but she just laughs.

"lis you realize people have different perspective of happiness right? sa kaso mo, you like socializing and partying pero kay jennie she prefers quiet and peaceful."

i shook my head.

"her life is so boring." i stubbornly said. because i know jisoo's making sense but i still don't get jennie.

jisoo didn't get the chance to respond when jennie's suddenly making her way towards us.

"hi!" jennie exclaimed with too much enthusiasm. i'm surprised my hangover didn't act up hearing her loud saccharine voice.

she exchange her look to jisoo and me, silently telling us that her greeting is for both of us. she's always been friendly, greeting everyone na nakakasalubong niya. the only time she gives me attention tho is when i'm with jisoo. nginitian siya ni jisoo pero tinitigan ko lang siya. she doesn't seem bothered with my lack of response instead, she settled her attention to jisoo.

"jisoo right? i heard from rosé you're planning to join the debate team." she smiled, her eyes shining. napaayos ng tayo si jisoo.

"ah oo. may spot pa ba?"

"ofcourse! you'll just have to fill this up tapos if you have time tomorrow come by at our club office. you know kung saan 'yun diba?" jennie sorted through her folder and then pull a paper, handing it to jisoo.

inabot ito ni jisoo at pinadaan ng tingin habang tumatango. "sa tabi ng psych building?" paninigurado ni jisoo. tumango si jennie, still smiling. hindi ba siya napapagod ngumiti?