kiss it better

lisa

a low grumble caught my attention. i avert my gaze from my phone to the source of the sound.

i found jennie holding a compact mirror. she's currently examining her scar, making me sigh.

she's been worrying about it since last week. and i know she came here to my apartment to complain about it to me. again.

"lili." she whined before turning on her chair to face me. i suppress the smile that wants to break out on my lips when i saw the pout on her face.

"this scar is really bothering me. i feel ugly."

i rolled my eyes at her dramatics.

"it's just small jennie. it's barely even visible." i told her with a shrug.

"what do you mean small?! my face is literally swollen lili." she pointed the part of her face where her scar is, her voice raising.

"it always look swollen anyway. have you seen your cheeks?" i grin at her.

in a blink of an eye, jennie's frustrated expression quickly changed into a glare.

"you did not just say that."

i snorted, trying to stop my laugh.

"you're not even taking me seriously." she rolled her eyes before turning away from me.

uh oh.

i cleared my throat.

"come here." i asked her but jennie didn't react. so i did what i know she can't resist.

"nini." i heard a huff before she finally stood, and with a stomp on her steps, she followed my request.

she sat next to me and folded her arms, avoiding my eyes. i pinch the bridge of my nose before scooting closer to her.

i gently place my palm on her cheek so i can turn her face to me. i stared intently at her scar while rubbing my thumb on her cheek.

"does it still hurt?" i asked her in a tender voice. she puckered her lips into a pout as she shake her head.

"the scar's the one's bothering me."

"why?"

"you know why." she answered in a quiet voice before looking away.

she's bothered about the haters.

jennie bite her lower lips worriedly. i let out a sigh before leaning down, planting my lips softly on her scar. i felt jennie stilling at my action, her silent gasp following shortly.

when i move away, jennie turned to me and met my gaze. her feline ones are holding a lot of emotions.

i tilt my head slightly on the side while keeping my eyes on her.

"you'll always look beautiful to me, nini."

———

"have a good night blinks!" rosie shouted then the whole arena boomed into shouts and cheers. the band continues to play random beats as our back up dancers dance wildly on the stage.

i watch them with a smile before my eyes focused on the tiny angel who has a huge smile on her face, obviously enjoying the night while dancing with the dancers.

i chuckled in delight. she looks so far from the girl who's fussing at me about her scar earlier.

we said our goodnight to blinks before exiting the stage. as we made our way backstage, i felt a pair of arms snaking around my waist.

"lili." the familiar warm voice mumbled behind me. i turn around to face her but jennie's arms never loosened its hold on me.

we're on the dim part of the backstage but the light upstairs helped me see the giddy smile painted on jennie's lips.

"thank you." she murmured happily.

"for what?" her smile is so contagious that i absentmindedly smile too.

"for the cute band-aids." she responded with a giggle.

my eyes went towards what she was talking about. i lift my hand and caress her cheek fondly. the band-aid with bear designs looks adorable on her. i'm glad she likes it.

"what design do you want to have next?" i asked her with a smile. she pouted while seemingly thinking. i watch her lips slowly curving into an excited smile before she returns her gaze at me.

"is there a duck design?"