13

THE BLUE PRINCE

THE BLUE PRINCE

[ c h a p t e r t h i r t e e n ]
| Awkward |
"The feeling is mutual, Cassis Pedalian."

"Ah, it's a pleasure to finally meet you." I uttered before forcing a smile. Who wouldn't be nervous when you meet someone you know the future of, without warning.

Cassis Pedalian, he looks so much more attractive in person even though he's still considered a child now.

"The pleasure is all mine." he said, he's wary of me. Who wouldn't?

Especially when your families are sworn enemies.

It was awkward.

We werez just staring into each other's eyes and I'm reading his mind, invading his privacy.

Just as described in the manwha, Cassis is very innocent and has a black and white world veiw.

He will get to know a person first before judging. Even if it was a family member of their enemy. I find it rather...amusing.

In my previous life, I depended on my gut feeling as I don't have the time and energy to get to know someone pesonally, and in this life...I simply enter their minds.

Sylvia held both our hands and dragged us inside the restaurant for dinner.

"Congratulations again for your achievement, Lilian." Sylvia said. I swallowed the food inside my mouth before answering.

"Thank you...again."

The owner of the restaurant did not let us pay upon seeing me. Saying that I saved his son.

"So how's life at the facility?" she asked, Cassis was quiet.

"Ah, it's stressful. We barely sleep. We were struggling finding research resources and when we were able to think of a possible cure we need to go out and risk getting the disease to gather ingredients." she looks at me sadly.

"It must have been hard for you then." she uttered.

"I would say it's worth it." I grinned.

"Why so quiet, brother?" Sylvia asked his brother who was sitting next to her.

"I'm not a very good conversation starter." he answered.

"That's fine, let's talk about our hobbies! I really enjoy reading!" Sylvia started.

"I'm interested in swordsmanship." Cassis followed.

"What about you miss Agriche?" he asked.

"Ah, Lilian is fine. I like conducting...experiments." I replied.

"What kind?" A follow up question from the older Pedalian.

"Medicinal." I answered, drinking water to help me swallow the meat faster, it was too large to chew. My fault though as I've cut it a big too huge that it barely fits my mouth.

He nods.

We've talked about a lot of things. Cassis becoming less wary of me by the minute.

"Excuse me for a moment." It was Sylvia.

"Where are you going?" asked Cassis.

"The bathroom." she answered and quickly left...

Woa she must've been holding it in for so long.

"You're kind." Cassis suddenly spoke.

"Pardon?" I asked.

"You're not like the other members of your family." I chuckle.

"I may not be like the others but I am far from being kind." I said.

"Your not as bad as the rumors were saying, then. I find you alright." He spoke.

"Hmm, the feeling is mutual. Cassis Pedalian."

[Date Updated:08-23-21|Word Count:495]

I can't quite write Cassis' personality properly, same for the other characters as well so pardon me if they're very out of character. But hey this is fanfiction.

- s a c h e i i m o c h i i -
KACHIYIEEE