19

THE TASK

[ c h a p t e r n i n e t e e n ]
| Illusions |
"Don't you three dare fail this task."

Ridiculous. Absolutely Ridiculous. Who would've thought that Dion would actually pull of a stunt like this? D*mn foolish. "Do you know what would happen next?" the maid in front of me cowering like a kitten under the rain shook her head "Take a guess." I instruct.

"Please..." I tilted my head "I didn't—I was just, S-Sir Dion ordered me to-!" she stammered over her word. "Dion no longer holds the power over the servants in this household. The day I turned fourteen is the day I became incharge of the manor." I stated. "He would kill me if I didn't do it! Please...miss Lilian...have mercy." I scoffed.

"You're talking to Lilian f*cking Agriche. I don't show mercy." I signaled, Aeodeus, the man in the auction I bought three years ago, to finish the girl off. "Miss please! Please! I'll do anything!"

You tried to kill me, you b*tch.

Aeodeus sliced her throat using his sword, he became my personal knight and pledged his loyalty to me, not the Agriche family. Only me. "Very good."

"Lilian!" I turned my head towards the door to see Estelle running towards me. She yelped when she saw the girl lying on the floor lifeless. She should be used to it by now.

"The task will begin shortly." I sighed. This is the moment I have been dreading for years. Because in this so called task...Asil died.

I signaled the twins, Aeodeus and Agartha, to clean up the mess. I walk with Estelle towards the common room. "I have a bad feeling about this, Lily." says Estelle.

Yea...me too.

"Whatever the task is. How absurd or how horrific...promise me you will not fail and just do it." I stated not looking her in the eyes. "Do you know something about the given task sister?" she asked. "No. Just a gut feeling."

"Sister Lilian!"

...Asil.

"Sister Lilian..." Roxana.

"Don't you three dare fail this task. Do what the task requires you to do and don't hesitate. Do you three understand?" They looked at each other but nodded nonetheless.

Murmurs erupted in the room. My siblings asking each other what the task might be. I wonder... how many of us would die?

"Did you like the surprise." I refrain from rolling my eyes and clicking my tongue. "Not a fan of surprises but I did appreciate the effort, try a little harder next time and maybe you'll witness my neck snapping in half." I hissed. Dion did not spat a reply.

Imagine my surprise when a girl jumped from the ceiling and landed on top of me in my bed. If it wasn't for my quick reflexes I would've really died. And the girl has the audacity to beg me to spare her life.

A purple gas erupted from all over the room. I quickly held my breath.

"Sister Lilian!"

"Roxana!"

"Brother!"

A lot of screaming...

The next thing I knew, is that I am inside one of the manor's rooms. But I am not alone...

Estelle...

She was sitting on the floor and crying, looking at me with her eyes full of tears.

She would never let me see her cry.

This is an illusion.

And the task was what I remembered, to kill her. I raised my dagger and aimed it at her head, to the space between her eyes. I released the dagger and did a forceful throw. It hit the target spot and blood gushed from her head, her eyes turned completely white and she dropped dead to the floor.

White smoke erupted from the room and I was back to the common room.

I was the only one here.