35

TRUST

[ c h a p t e r t h i r t y f i v e ]
| ... |
"..."

(3rd Person)

Lilian Agriche blinked, staring down at Cassis. Isn't he supposed to be trusting Roxana by now?

"Roxana is genuinely trying to help you." if he still not trust her, then she'll speed up the process. "And how do you know that?" he asked.

Sh*t. Gotta make an excuse fast.

"I can sense someone's aura." oh well that's a fact. "And I can tell people's intentions, I will also know if someone is lying. Of course my ability has to be activated first." She explained.

"I should go now, I have loads of work to do."

"Wai—!" Lilian was out of sight in a flash, she transformed into a bat and flew out the hole in the roof. Cassis no longer feel her presence.

And he was yet left alone again wondering when will she return.

"Dion isn't present in the Great Banquet." says Roxana, Lilian sighed. "Father probably sent him somewhere." one of the things that Lilian and Roxana have in common is their hatred towards the purple-haired Agriche.

"A bad premonition." Roxana stated and Lilian nodded. "I doubt he'll do anything absurd, after all I am back threatening his position as I am on the lead again because of the success of Project Ayahuasca."

"That's right, he could not afford losing father's favour. None of us can." she uttered.

"You should treat your cut, Xana.  It might get infected." Roxana stared down at her fresh cut, blood gushing out, she had just finished feeding the venomous butterfly egg. Lilian's poison had been a great help. She need to hatch these butterflies for her defense, and Lilian knew that.

Roxana met Lilian when she visited Asil in his room, she was five year old back then. She isn't very fond of her at first, Lilian has a reputation for being sadistic but extremely intelligence...manipulative but charming. But she got to know her throughout the years, although Lilian won't admit it, she was caring to her, her brother Asil and Estelle. She has a soft spot for the three of them.

She noticed Lilian exiting Lant's office just before the task. And she just realized after Asil's death that she tried to convince her father to spare his life. The task isn't really a task, it was just a disguise...it's true purpose is to get rid of his children whom he deemed unworthy and useless—Asil was one of them.

Lilian became one of the few who she cared for in this new life of hers. She was the big sister she never had. When she left for the expedition she often find herself staring outside waiting for her return. She probably started liking her when she defended her from Lant, claiming that she had made a mistake because of her instruction hence earning Lilian a punishment of one week to the room of despair. Roxana was guilty, thankfully Lilian's mental health is invulnerable. (In reality she used her aura manipulation to deflect the oppressive mental attack caused by the room)

"Roxana..." Lilian called when Roxana was about to exit the greenhouse.

"I need a favour."