33

BANQUET

[ c h a p t e r t h i r t y t h r e e ]
| The Great Banquet |
"You never fail to amaze me."

(3rd Person)

"Roxana, here." Lilian hand her a bottle of poison. "I strengthen the upshot but lessen the effect on a human body, it won't cause you to vomit blood nor would it do any harm to your body. But you would feel mild headache. Everything comes with a prize and you know that." Roxana smiled and uttered a low "Thanks."

When Lilian heard that she is hatching the poisonous butterflies, she decided to help her with her struggles.

"Roxie~ I have come for y—oh, sister Lilian you're here too." it was Jeremy who abruptly slammed the door open, Lilian gave him a small nod.

"Did you visit the greenhouse again? I don't like it when you feed those...things." says Jeremy, pouting. "There is one egg left, and besides, sister Lilian changed my poison intake." Roxana assured. Jeremy turned to Lilian.

"As I said earlier, the poison does not harm the first consumer. Only a mild headache." he brightened at the news. "You're amazing sister Lilian!"

"But of course, I am not entitled as 'the genius' for nothing." he chuckled.

"Sisters, about the toy father had brought this time..." he changed the topic. Lilian in Roxana's eyes seemed a little too interested.

"Since we aren't allowed to approach him, is he not a normal fellow?" he asked. "I can assure you he is far from normal." Lilian spoke.

"Eh? Are you interested in him too?" he asked. "Can you blame me? There aren't mentally efficient creatures in the North."

"What about the soldiers?" he asked. "I said mentally efficient, not mentally aware." They exited the room and walked towards the dining, for the great banquet.

There was thunder and lighting outside and their father was standing in front of the window, when their presence is known he faced them.

"Congratulations on your successful results over the past month, shall we enjoy the banquet?" they took their respective seats and the banquet started.

"How are the results of the venomous butterflies? I am expecting a lot from this project." Lant started the conversation. "The first two eggs failed in incubation but the last one is growing well. I received help from sister Lilian so do not fret."

"Hahaha! I trust that you won't disappoint me." he said. "Roxana is a bright girl, you shouldn't be doubting her father." Lilian said.

"I suppose you're right. What's the latest update from Project A?" this question was now directed to Lilian. She sipped a little alcohol before she replied.

"Project Ayahuasca is finished and a success. Pyschotria Viridis is containing a strong hallucinogen DMT while the other component which is Banesteriopis contains an MAO inhibitor preventing the natural breakdown of DMT in the digestive system which enhances serotenergic activity." she started "At first I thought it was a fail because my human lab rat when I was in the North died after one sip, it turns out that you should not mix it with felaria."

Everyone in room was focused on her as she explained her new creation. (It wasn't really hers but no one knows that)

"The effects are strong hallucinations including altered visual and auditory perceptions, increased heart rate and blood pressure,nausea, burning sensation in the stomach, tingling sensations and increased skin sensitivity. There could be possible changes to the serotoninergic and immune systems, although more research is needed. And it's not like people pay attention to those things." she smirked before finishing her wine in one gulp.