Chapter 22

Charlie was ranting to his notes app

It was a funny sentence, but it was what kept him sane most of the time. He didn't have the patience to write in a diary every day and there was also the fact that keyboard smashes didn't look like keyboard smashes on paper.

They looked like Charlie had tried to scribble on the paper and over the words.

So, he was typing away heatedly on his phone's keyboard, occasionally muttering to himself. He usually only ranted when his feelings got too much for him to handle and today, he was ranting about Jason Pierce and his stupid smirk and perfect face and he could go to hell.

Charlie's life had been perfect until he had spotted Jason in the bathroom, getting his dick sucked. Well, there was a sentence he never thought he would be saying.

And now, Charlie had to deal with things like feelings.

He wasn't dumb, he knew when he was starting to like someone. What he didn't know was how.

How could Charlie have gone from completely and utterly despising the man to writing what he felt about him in the frigging notes app.

Charlie huffed, leaning back against his chair.

Yes, Jason was a good person, he was thoughtful and kind. Sometimes an asshole, but he was charming enough you could look over it. What Charlie had realized that if you asked anyone about what they thought of Jason Pierce, the answer probably would've been something along the lines of 'I don't know', because it was how it was.

Even though, Charlie and he weren't friends anymore, he still knew the man, he knew what he loved, what he hated and Charlie could even read his face. It had taken him a while to consider that it wasn't the same with everyone.

To them, Jason was a ghost. The broody guy who came to school every day, was friendly with almost everyone, played football and... that was about it.

Maybe that was what drew Charlie in.

And it was also giving him a serious headache.

The unwritten rule when being fuck buddies was to never catch feelings and he knew how messy it could be when one caught feelings and the other didn't. Not only do you lose them as a lover, you lose them as a friend as well.

And that thought scared Charlie more than he could've imagined. Somewhere along the lines of them fucking each other, Charlie had started to consider Jason...a friend. The word sounded strange along with Jason's name but it was what they were and Jason knew it too.

He didn't want to lose that friendship.

Charlie then knew he had two options, the first one being; they both continue to be fuck buddies until Charlie ended up falling in love with him and gets his heartbroken or the other option being he nips the blooming flower that was their relationship right then and no one got hurt.

And the second option was starting to sound really appealing.

Later, he would blame the stupid thoughts in his head that made him send the text to Jason.

We need to talk.

He took a deep breath as he waited.

Ice cream?

Charlie hated what he was about to. But he had to put himself and his feelings first.

..

Jason grinned at him from where he was sitting on the opposite side of the booth. He leaned back, "What'd you wanna talk about, Hayes?"

Charlie dug his spoon forcefully into the ice cream, not being able to look at him, "We should stop"

Jason froze with his hand halfway to his mouth, eyes widening, "S-stop what, exactly?"

"Us, whatever is going on between us"

Jason raised his head, swallowing, "Okayy", a weird expression took over his face before he covered it up by grinning again, "And what exactly is it that's going on between us"

Charlie narrowed his eyes, "Us, Jason, the fucking"

"I see"

Jason shrugged, "Whatever, I don't care"

Well ouch. Yes, Charlie wanted to end their relationship, he just hadn't expected how indifferent Jason would be to the news. It made him want to throw the ice cream cup and his face.

"Okay, that's settled then"

"Yeah", Jason followed his movement as he moved away, just as the waiter came up to their table, smiling at Jason.

Jason paid the bill as she pushed the tissue towards him, something scribbled on the paper.

Charlie knew what it was, he wasn't an idiot, of course he knew what it was.

Stupid motherfucker already had another date rooting for him. Wonderful.

Jason picked up the phone number, smirking before he winked at the waitress, "You got it"

The waitress- Maddie, she was pretty, Charlie had to admit, she was petite and adorable.

Jason seemed to ignore him completely as he flirted with her, smiling at her so much more than he did with Charlie.

Charlie huffed, slamming his cup down before walking away and out of the store.

What-fucking-ever