Chapter 5

Jason

Jason

God, Jason hated his life. Sure, his day had already been shitty but what happened at the field was a total 'fuck my life' moment. Even before the ball hit Charlie, Jason knew he had messed up. Yes it was a mistake but considering his track record, Charlie probably didn't know or didn't care. Either way, he was in trouble.

He hadn't meant to hit Charlie, he could swear to everything holy he really hadn't but Jesus, when Charlie went down with that agonizing cry, Jason pretty sure his heart dropped to the ground. He had tried to tell Charlie that it was an accident, but Charlie had that determined, pissed of expression on his face as he charged at Jason and the only fucking thing on his mind had been, fuck, he's beautiful.

Also, fuck, he's gonna kill me.

The two of them stood there in coach Langley's office, looking at their feet and Jason hoped they looked sorry and innocent enough for the coach to refrain from giving them detention. He did not want to sit in a tiny room doing nothing while he could've been doing so many other things, including reading books. 

The office was a homely little place filled with sports equipment and had a vintage feel to it. It was a strange aesthetic but it somehow fit the coach's character. He had been teaching in this school since he was like 26 and twenty five years was a long  time to put up with the same shit over and over again. Somehow, the coach managed it and it was clear to everyone how much he loved the damn job. 

The man glared at them, his arms folded against his chest, "Well, explain yourselves!".

Jason felt Charlie flinch so sighing, he said, "Sir, I accidentally hit Charlie in the face with a football"

Charlie snorted beside him, "Accidentally, my sweet ass"

Oh Jesus, please don't talk about your ass, I might take a peek or something. 

"And he punched me", Jason grit out, his pants getting a little tight.

"He started it!", Charlie pointed out.

Jason shifted on his feet nervously and finally raised his head to look at Charlie. He was trying to pull of the "I'm fucking pissed" look. But honestly, he looked like an angry puppy with his pretty eyes and soft lips.

Coach Langley waved his hand at the two of them, "Both of you, why the heck don't you get along? You need to get your head out of your asses and start acting mature!"

Pfft! Mature, Charlie? Ha, no fucking way. As if reading his thoughts Charlie glared at Jason but then turned to Langley with an exasperated sigh, "I'm sorry sir"

Seriously? Was he pouting? Damn that was kinda adorable. 

no 

Not adorable, Charlie Hayes was not adorable. Nope.

The coach huffed, "Too many times Hayes, I should probably give you detention"

Jason groaned, "Coach, come on, we're sorry"

Langley suddenly got this glint in his eye and he smirked, "Fine, no detention, but-"

He paused and all Jason could think was, uh-oh

Langley looked at Charlie, then at Jason. He reminded Jason of a mischievous kid who was about to do something potentially dangerous.

"Remember that English assignment on the tale of two cities?"

Charlie hesitated, "Yeah..."

"Partner up boys", Langley grinned, "With each other"

Jason froze, his eyes widening in horror as realization hit, doing that assignment together meant we'd have to spend time, together... him and Charlie, together. Together in the same room, trying not to jump each other's bones. 

oh boy this was not going to end well for either of them

It was both his worst nightmare and his wildest dream. Jason caught Charlies gaze, he looked just as horrified as Jason. 

Langley grunted, making a shooing motion with his hands, "Now get out, both of you"

Not waiting for him, Charlie walked out of the room, giving Jason a clear view of his ass in his basketball shorts, the loose material clinging to the swell of his ass.

Don't look Jason, don't- dammit.

Once outside, Charlie leaned against the wall opposite to the one Jason was leaning against, his arms folded against his chest, the compass tattoo on his neck stretching against his skin as he tilted his head to the side. As someone who loved tattoos, Jason knew how much hard work had gone into creating the intricate design. It looked good on him, really good.

Charlie face was red right above his nose and cheeks where the football had hit him. Jason internally cringed at it. It looked painful.

Harley and Charlie were twins, but Jason had never felt this way for his best friend, and Charlie, he was just... Charlie. And It was enough for him, it always had been. Jason looked away from him, not liking the sudden tightening of his chest as he remembered the fact that he was the one who had thrown their relationship away, all because he had been too afraid of what it meant to him. 

"So", Charlie said, and Jason's eyes whipped up to his, waiting for him to finish his sentence, "Was it really an accident?"

Jason nodded his head frantically, "Yeah man, fuck I'm sorry"

Charlie's eyebrows raised and for a second his face was filled with amusement and surprise, "Jason Pierce, actually saying sorry? Damn, never thought I'd be alive to see this day"

Jason couldn't help but snort as he rolled his eyes, "You're not gonna hear it often Hayes, savor it", he said, his voice a low drawl. And no, he did not miss the way Charlie's tongue swept out to lick his pink lips or how Jason's dick suddenly stirred at the move. Stupid teenage hormones. 

Charlie quickly cleared his throat, nodding, his black hair bouncing up and down, "Right, um Your place or mine?"

This was one of my favorite Chapters to write for some reason. I hope you liked it!

 I hope you liked it!