Chapter 1

Charlie

Charlie

Disaster.

That was the only way Charlie could describe the abomination that was now his hair. Man, yes, he had been dared to dye it, but the blue tips were barely noticeable last night and now, it was almost shining against his black hair. That's what he got for letting a bunch of drunk teenagers have a go at his hair with bleach and hair dye. 

Fucking Liam

He facetimed his best friend, the main reason he now looked ridiculous. Well it wasn't completely his fault, but if Liam hadn't brought Jason motherfucking Pierce to the game he wouldn't have had to dye it. 

Okay maybe he was being irrational.

Liam picked up a few moments later, his hair a total mess, his eyes still hooded from sleep. His eyebrows shot up when he saw Charlie's hair and quickly covered his mouth with his hand to muffle his laughter. But he heard it.

"Look at it!", Charlie pointed to his hair, "It was so light last night"

Liam snorted, "Do you even know how hair dye works?"

"What, no! How long is this gonna take to wash off?"

He grinned, his teeth bright against the darkness of his room, "A couple of weeks, give or take"

Charlie groaned, "No, no, no, I look like a smurf"

"A smurf's body is blue", Liam pointed out, "And hey, it could've been so much worse"

"Now is not the time for you to be a smartass, Liam"

"Smartass is my middle name"

Charlie narrowed his eyes at him for a moment before letting out an exhausted sigh. 

"Pierce is already a jerk and now he's finally got something to hold over me"

Liam mouth turned up into a teasing smirk, "You care that much what he thinks of you huh?"

Again, fucking Liam. Charlie snorted, "Oh hell no, I don't give a shit what he thinks of me"

Jason Pierce was his former best friend who also happened to be the bane of his existence. He loathed the man with everything he had. Like come on, he was a football player and Charlie played basketball, Jason had blonde hair and his was black, they were bound to hate each other. It was like the law of the universe. Okay maybe that was childish, but when it came to Jason, it didn't seem to matter. 

Jason Pierce and his stupid smirk.

Liam shook his head, "Yeah keep telling yourself that man"

That's when Charlie spotted it, the head of black hair on the pillow next to him. His eyes widened in surprise; he had a girl over! Liam had a girl over, holy shit, someone stayed over.

Liam was what some people would call a player, he never slept with the same people twice and no one stayed over night. 

A line crinkled between Liam's eyes as he turned to look at where Charlie was staring and he quickly moved the camera away, a flush rising up his neck.

"What the heck?", Charlie exclaimed, "Who was that?"

"Come one Hayes, no one, drop it", he said, running his hand through his hair, messing it up even more. Charlie narrowed his eyes to show him that they were nowhere near done with that conversation, but he would drop it, for now.

"Your parents home?", Charlie asked seriously, the playfulness from few minutes ago vanishing. 

His best friend let out a dry snort, "Mommy dearest came home for dinner last night", he shrugged, "And then fucked off to god knows where"

Charlie tilted his head sympathetically, "You wanna come over for breakfast? I think it's pancakes day"

Liam shook his head, "Wish I could buddy, don't worry 'bout me, Martha makes a mean breakfast sandwich"

Martha was the McLanes' 54 year old chef, who often cooked for him when his parents weren't home. Which was majority of the time. Of what little he knew of them, they were both rich assholes who thought everyone else was beneath them and to make things worse, they were bigoted homophobes. 

That was enough to make Charlie despise them. 

Liam suddenly cursed, "Fuck I gotta go, see ya at school"

Charlie stared at the phone long after Liam hung up. 

But soon he shook himself out of his thoughts and headed to take a shower, using a ton of shampoo hoping it'd make the hair dye lighter but who was he kidding, of course it didn't work. By the time he got out of the shower his hair was still bright blue and he was already running late so he threw on a pair of tight black jeans and a white t shirt with a jacket to ward of the October cold.

When he got down to the kitchen, Charlie expected to see some delicious breakfast on the table but what he didn't expect was his dads full on making out. Oh, Jesus no

"Guys!", he half shouted, horrified, but it partly turned into amusement as they jumped apart, his dad hitting the far wall and his father hitting the table and letting out a flurry of curses. Charlie heard a burst of laughter which he knew came from his sister Grace. He turned around and grinned when he caught her gaze.

"Okay Okay", his dad said, rolling his eyes, "We're not that old you know?"

"Dad, the problem ain't your age", he drawled, sharing a look with Grace and she continued for him, "The problem is that you're our dads"

It was true actually, Mathew and Andrew Hayes were in their early thirties, which was surprising considering they had three kids, all of them almost adults. The truth was that his dad knocked up a girl when he was fifteen and the rest was history.

His father shook his head, sighing, "Fine, sit and eat your breakfast, I made pancakes"

Nice

Charlie hated Tuesdays; I mean who didn't? He had all his worst classes, including the four he shared with Jason fucking Pierce. He wasn't sure when the "rivalry", started really, they were best friends until one day he just dropped Charlie, looked at him like he was nothing. As much as he hated to admit it, he often wondered what exactly happened to make Jason hate him like that.

What irked him the most was that Jason's best friend was none other than Harley, Charlie's twin brother. I mean why? They looked the same, most of the stuff they did were the same, hell they often said the same stuff.

Honestly though, it was easy to hate Jason rather than wondering how things would've been different if they had remained friends. He had done nothing wrong, was Charlie that worthless to him?

Huh that reminded him, where was Harley?

"Dad where's Harley", he asked him.

Dad shrugged, "he told me he was staying over at someone else's place". Charlie's eyebrows shot up, "Oh, he never told me", he had to admit, he was a bit disappointed. Harley told him everything, why would he not tell him he was seeing someone?

Hope you liked it! Don't forget to vote and comment because honestly, comments are the best thing about Wattpad