16

Stella

"Ruben?" I ask carefully.

"Stella?" he frowns,

My mouth opens to say something but no sound comes out, I am speechless.

He gets up and puts his arms around me "God i missed you"

I sigh "I missed you too"

He let go of me and pointed to the spot over him. I sat down and put my chocolate milk on the table.

"How are you? Are you okay? How is your mother? Wait! How was it in Paris?"

Questions filled my head, I want to know so much about him. What he has done in the meantime, how everything is going with him. Just everything.

He spreads his eyes "Sorry, too many questions?" I lifted my shoulders.

"Maybe" He laughed.

God how much I missed that laugh, just him.

How much i missed him.

Ruben was my best friend. When I was 14 I got to know him, he was my shoulder to cry on. I could tell him anything and he would always help me, he was my brother figure because I wasn't close to Liam at the time. I've always been terribly close to Ruben. We used to hang on to each other like chewing gum sticks to your shoe.

Now you may be wondering why it has changed?

They had to move to Paris because his mother had received a job offer. His mother felt really bad about taking Ruben away from me because she knew how close we were.

When I was just 16 they moved to Paris, Ruben was 18 then so he could actually stay but he wanted to follow his mother which I totally accept. I would rather he stayed. But I couldn't ask that of him, of course.

But it was bad timing because two weeks after they moved, my parents disappeared from the world. No note, No phone call, No message. They were just gone. All their clothes, All their stuff.

Ruben doesn't even know yet. We didn't have much contact when he moved. Because I was busy with school and he had found work there.

"Everything's fine, what about your munchkin?" He grinned at the nickname.

Even though I used to hate the nickname, I'm glad to hear it again.

"I'm okay, since when are you back?" I took the straw between my lips.

"A few days" He looked at me questioningly, I frowned "What?"

"Are you still living with uhm..." He paused "With your dad?" Worry filled his eyes.

I knew this question was coming, he's the only one who knows my dad hit me.

I shake my head and let the straw fall out of my mouth "No i-" I swallowed "Our parents disappeared 2 weeks after you moved"

"Disappeared?"

I nod "All their clothes were gone, no note or phone call. They've been gone for a year, haven't heard from them again"

He quietly leaned back in the soft seats "Good"

He jumps straight again "I'm sorry i-"

"I know, But it's better this way. I don't miss them," I shrug.

"Is your mother back too?" I so want to see her again. I always liked to sleep there, She was my mother figure, since my mother was always working.

"No she's still in Paris" My smile drops,

He puts his hand on my arm "I can take you with me when I visit"