27

Jayden

I'm finally going home today. I'm finally going to see Stella again.

I've been here for about 4 days now, Alicia had a good time and she asked, basically begged me to stay even longer. If I didn't have anyone at home waiting for me, I would certainly have stayed longer. But I do have someone who is waiting for me and whom I desperately want to see, a special one.

And I can't really focus here either. And I'd rather be around Stella, especially since that one Niko broke into their house. It just doesn't feel right that that happened and that she was all alone. I don't care that nothing bad happened, but I'd rather things like that didn't happen to her.

"Did you have fun?" I lift her up.

She shakes her head quickly up and down "You have to stay longer" She looks at me with her puppy eyes. I push a strand of her long brown hair behind her ear, She is the most beautiful eight-year-old. "Next time I'll stay longer, deal?"

"Deal" she says quickly, afraid I'd change my mind.

"Good" I place a kiss on her forehead and put her back on the floor.

"You should come back soon" Damien pushes my suitcase to the door.

"I will" I look at Alicia where the enthusiasm is definitely visible in her eyes.

"And bring that wifey of yours" He winks at me.

"Oh fu-" Shit don't swear in front of younger ones Jayden, when are you going to remember that.

Damien laughs when he realizes what's going through my mind. "You would be such a good father" He slaps my shoulder.

I would be a good father tho we're not going to lie about that.

"Yeah yeah I have a plane to catch" I push the door open with my arm and roll my suitcase out.

I turn back to the door and nod to both of them. I walk on and put my suitcase in the trunk of the taxi.

"Wait!"

I turn around and see Alicia running towards me, when she almost comes to me she is completely out of breath and I lift her under her armpits and spin her around.

I never really realized how much I missed her. I used to come here so often. In fact, I almost saw her as my own daughter.

She lays her head on my shoulder "I'm going to miss you" I feel a tear fall down on my neck.

I look at her "Ah don't cry Alic, I'll be back as soon as possible okay?"

She nods, I put her back on the floor "Now get back inside" She stood still for a moment thinking and eventually ran inside.

I wish I could fit her into my suitcase. I think she would fit.

Stella would love her.

-

Just as I get off the plane I get a phone call from Liam.

"What's up?" I roll my suitcase to my car.

"Has your plane landed yet?"

"Yeah, walking to my car right now"

"Can you come to the bar on the beach?"

"Right now?"

"Yeah"

"Uhm okay, yeah" I lean my forehead against my car.

"See you soon"

I hang up and put my phone in my pocket. I wanted to go to Stella first. But he sounds stressed or mad? I don't know, so there's probably something going on.