Spin-off Book- Finding Melody

spoilers if you are thinking about reading the second book don't read this little snippet.

well this book is Melody's spin off, you do not have to read any other books to be able to read this one, I do recommend though.

Description:

here's the first chapter , and if you want to read the full story it is already uploaded on my page::

Some people say you can move on from trauma, you can move on from the feelings those people made you feel. But what most bottle up about this trauma, is that it'll haunt you until the day you die. Every moment, every wound, every vile comment, and while everyone else is living painlessly and perfectly, your stuck in that never ending movie of how tragic your life is and always will be.

"Dinner", I heard Nolan knock on the door, as I quickly flipped the box of my little knick knacks under my bed. I couldn't let them see what was in this ever so discrete box, that was labeled as a new pair of soccer cleats.

"Coming", I yelled out hoping the door wouldn't fling open and Nolan would sit here with me as he asked me what was under my bed that I kept in a box. How could I describe the contents of this box in anyway where they would understand it?

I took the box back out, flipping underneath it to the photo I hated the most. It was him, my tormentor and previously my father who had passed. I was thankful he died, I could now live knowing he would never have his hands on me again, but I should've known I would never be free. Every moment of my life there he is haunting me, following me, scaring me, taunting me he's there every time my eyes shut for just a couple seconds.

I had no explanation why I kept the tortured photo, it was just simple a photo of him from a newspaper at some event. I couldn't explain it to anyone who would listen, all I knew is that one day when he stopped haunting me I would burn the photo.

I stuffed the photo under the rest of the papers, and flipped through the rest seeing his death announcement in the newspaper I had cut up, a necklace that Natalie had told me belonged to my mom, and my detailed statement of the neglect he showed me and the physical, mental, emotional abuse he made me suffer.

There were pictures of my bruised body in those files, I would burn all of them when he stopped haunting me. I would burn them all, just like Natalie who doesn't even touch on the subject that she suffered tremendous amounts of abuse and she is happy now, I always wondered how she could be happy now. It had been not even a year since the last time, and she had gotten over it, but I couldn't.

Natalie, my sister was one of those people where she didn't hold grudges, she let it go and wouldn't hold onto it, but I was the opposite I couldn't believe he was the person who I was supposed to call my father.

I couldn't just get over the list of things he had done, he had emotionally, physically, mentally abused my poor mother,Natalie and myself. And for all of that he couldn't even make it to trial, he went and hung himself, because he couldn't suffer the pain of it all. I just wanted him to know what it felt like, I just wanted him to know that agonizing feeling but he couldn't even handle having his business all out in the open so he ended any chances of that.