1: Beautifully Mine

welcome to my updated book dearies, now just a couple reminders
- the comments will be very confusing
-considering this is my first book, it's cringey and I'm so so so sorry
- I may have made errors in the book
-it does discuss mature themes, abuse, violence and more
- please refrain from negative comments
-have a lovely day
-hope you enjoy this book

I pulled the sleeves up on my glimmering dress as tears well up in my eyes. I was getting married a moment to be remembered, but all I felt was alone in an empty room, surrounded by not a single familiar face. I had never felt more alone than on my own wedding day.

"Too fast", I repeated as my helpers straightened out my dress.This day was the day where I would feel loved and happy, but all I felt was alone.

I fell in the corner as I slowly grasped what I was going to become in a couple of everlasting hours. A wife. A wife of a man who not only loathed her but was disgusted by her. They tried to apply makeup to my rosy, red cheeks as my mascara kept spilling down my face along with my tears.

In the corner of my eye, I saw a little girl picking off the flowers of the bouquet on the table. I was left to have a few minutes to gather myself and then put on a strong face while a stranger walks me down the aisle.

The little girl approached me as she saw a tear running down the side of my cheek
"Why are you crying", she whispered to avoid the hearing of the others.

"I'm very happy", I said as she smiled and gave my figure a hug as the wedding director came in and saw me all ready to walk down an aisle where I knew no one, even the man I was marrying.

"All happy tears, smile", she said as she fixed my slouching shoulders upright and saw the lines on my face from the draining mascara.

"Let's get some waterproof mascara", she said as she grabbed a brush and applied foundation to my black lines of sadness. They applied it on with patience as I knew that was something I didn't have.

"Everything will be okay", the correspondent assured me as she fixed my dress and made sure everything was in place. She straightened my sterling silver necklace and straightened out my full-length veil.

Was I ready to give away my first kiss to a man I didn't even know, I wanted the whole deal I wanted to love, romance a happily ever after. I wanted magic, something that this relationship could never uphold.

"Miss Lawrence?", The director swooped her hands in front of me trying to bring me back to reality, a place I wanted to escape.

"Yes", I said interrupting my heavenly dreams of love and magic, something that I could never experience.

"Are you ready", she asked as that was my last resort of running away, of course, I had nowhere to go that I'd be free, from my father.

"Uh. yes", I whispered as the people started pouring out the little girl quickly gathered her rose petals in a mini basket and skipped out of the peach room and into the line of the arrangement of my wedding.

I peeked at the gate ahead of us as it was pulled wide open I heard an organ and a harp playing on in serene harmony. The people piled in one after the other some hand in hand.

Should I be happier? I'm getting married, right? I've wanted this since I planned out my dream wedding in my binder since I was 6.

I heard an echo from the silent church behind me as a voice said "excuse me" and "pardon me", I turned to see it was Nolan's Dad rushing towards me.

"Natalie, you look stunning", he said as a tear escaped my eyes, all I wanted was my mother to be here. His fatherly love reminded me of the love I had never had. Nolan's father was a sweet soul who knew the reputation of his playboy son.