50: The Brat

He extended his hand to take me to the room as I looked up at him, cautious and afraid.

"Can we talk?", he asked again as Caroline swooped in and took the sleeping Leah away on her shoulder and it was just me and him, alone at last.

He escorted me to his office as he reached for my hand, which I immediately put down to my side. We were good, we were strong.

"I didn't kiss her, I promise", he swore as soon as the doors shut and the curtains closed to keep out peering eyes. He took my hands in his as he looked sincerely at me.

"I want to believe you, I do", I told him as his hands rubbed my cheek as a single tear fell down. He wiped away as I peered into his eyes for a sign, for anything.

"Then, believe me, I didn't want her here in the first place. Can I explain it to you?", he guided me towards the coach and I sat down on the same couch we had snuggled up on the first time I had been here.

"She applied for your job, I had declined knowing her, but Nova insisted and so did my mom, so I gave her a real interview and at the end, I told her I wasn't interested and thanked her for her time, I was shaking hands with her when she kissed me. I pushed her back and she left", it had made sense, and all along I had been worried about him.

"I'm sorry", I told him knowing he deserved an apology. I assumed without proof and I accused him of something I couldn't even imagine him doing.

"Don't apologize, I should've said no even after everyone insisted", he told me as he wrapped his arms around me and I held his sweet hands.

"She's just an attention thirst, trust me it's been that way since kids", he explained as he played with the charm bracelet that fit tight against my wrist.

"I want you to be happy, and I trust you to do the right thing, and if you don't want to talk to her or if you do, I will love you no matter what", I told him using my very supportive words, he kissed my forehead as he held me tightly.

"Babe, you are the one that makes me happy", he kissed my lips softly as I smiled at his warm gesture.

"We brought you something", I took his hand and interlocked it with mine, as it was just a habit. I pulled him along to find the fridge as I opened the door Leah was there sleeping on the couch bed.

"She fell asleep while we were waiting", I sat next to her and ruffled her hair. softly as Nolan came and sat next to me. I pointed to the fridge as he opened to find two ice creams that had melted but been frozen back into shape.

"Let me have a bite of yours", he whispered as I let him take a massive chunk of ice cream.

"I thought you meant a tiny bite", I whispered angrily as he laughed at my tone.

"Sharing is caring, sweetie", he kissed my cheek as he left an ice cream slobber over my cheek and he licked it off.

Nolan carried a sleepy Leah down into the car, and we said bye. He had work to finish up so he stayed while Leah and I went back to the house. I carried her into the house and rested her on our makeshift bed.

I finished up my class and assignments for my journal course, just as Nolan came home. I closed my laptop as I smelt the aroma of Chinese food and manly hands rub against my back.

He bent over and kissed me as I twisted my head, so I was facing him. He took my hand as he pulled me along with him to the kitchen. He put the food down and then kissed me passionately.

"Darling, how was your day?", He asked, pushing me up against the wall holding me tightly. I smelt his breath of fresh coffee and his Armani perfume that lingered his body.